special chapter four.

It's an awkward morning with a very awkward atmosphere. Everyone is silent while eating their breakfast. None of them wants to speak nor make a conversation.

Donghyuck's chest gets heavy with this type of atmosphere. It's not his fault that he and Jeno switched bodies. Discovering from Jaemin that Mr. Na thought Jeno's cheating on Jaemin with Donghyuck's boyfriend, Renjun, is just fucked up. Okay maybe, that one's his fault because he chose to text Renjun where he could be caught.

Noticing the situation, Jaemin breaks the silence by faking a cough, which works because it gains attention, especially his mom.

"Darling, are you okay?" Mrs. Na asks, handing him a glass of water.

"I'm okay, Mom, thank you." Jaemin takes the glass and sips a little.

"Why are we silent, by the way?" Jeno's mom suddenly speaks.

"Yeah. Why?" Mr. Lee nods at what his wife said.

"Jeno-ssi, perhaps, you have something to tell us." Jaemin's dad suddenly interferes.

Jaemin widen his eyes and glances at Donghyuck before looking at his dad.

"Dad!"

"What?"

"Jeno darling, what is it?" Mrs. Lee gently asks, unaware of what Mr. Na "discovered" last night.

"He doesn't have anything to say, Mama." Jaemin says.

Donghyuck just stays quiet, hoping that he and Jeno would switch back right now. He doesn't know what to say. Remembering the incident last night, he really hopes that he won't cause any conflict in Jeno and Jaemin's families.

However, hearing what Jaemin's dad says makes him want to breakdown.

"Let's cancel the wedding."

Jeno wakes up with a very bad back pain. He gets off the couch and stretches his upper body—Donghyuck's upper body.

He sees Renjun at the dining room already eating sandwich while scrolling through his phone. He walks over there and greets him, "Morning, Renjun."

Renjun notices him, "Oh, Morning, Jeno." he smiles flatly. "Sorry for making you sleep on the couch. I know Jaemin doesn't allow you to sleep on the couch, I'm really sorry. It's just that I'd miss Donghyuck even more if you sleep in our room."

Jeno nods, sitting across him. "I understand, don't worry about it." He grabs an already made sandwich and takes a bite. "Let's visit Jaemin and Donghyuck today?"

Renjun nods, "Yes!"

~~~

"Is that true, Jeno-ssi?" Mrs. Lee reacts after Mr. Na told them about what he "discovered" last night.

"No, it's not!" Donghyuck replies, raises his voice a little bit.

"Don't deny it." Jaemin's dad protests.

Jaemin sighs and looks at Donghyuck. The latter looks at him back and mouths, "Sorry."

He shakes his head, "We'll sort this out." Jaemin whispers. "My wedding can't be cancelled." Donghyuck bites the side of his lip, nervously playing with his fingers.

Jaemin wants to cry right now. He doesn't blame Donghyuck. He can't blame Donghyuck because he's sure the older doesn't mean any of this to happen.

"Can't speak now, huh?"

"Dad! Stop!" Jaemin heaves, "Just stop."

"So, you're tolerating him?"

"I told you, Jeno's not cheating on me. There's an explanation for what you, as you said, discovered last night. But I can't tell you."

"Why can't you?"

Jaemin doesn't reply. He doesn't know what to reply. He remembers what Donghyuck said about the thing he and Renjun did when they switched bodies. Tell the truth. But if he will tell the truth, will it make Jeno and Donghyuck switch back? But what if they won't?

Jaemin clenches his fists on his lap and Donghyuck seems to notice it. He taps Jaemin's knuckles and the latter looks at him.

"Should we tell them the truth?" he whispers at the older.

Donghyuck widen his eyes but immediately furrows his forehead. He then shrugs, "I don't know. I'm scared."

"I'm scared, too."

"What truth?" Mr. Lee interferes, "Tell us."

The two look at each other and sigh. Jaemin's about to say something when someone knocks on the door. Mrs. Lee, who's sitting closest to the door, opens it and is greeted by Renjun and Jeno.

Mrs. Lee lets them enter the house and Jeno raises an eyebrow when all of them are looking at him and Renjun.

"What's going on?" Jeno asks in a curious manner.

"I'm sorry." Jaemin heavily sighs and prepares himself for whatever they might say about what's he going to say. "Donghyuck and Jeno mysteriously switched souls so Donghyuck needed to pretend to be Jeno so you won't suspect anything." Jaemin says so fast, he's out of breath.

Renjun's audibly gasps, "Na Jaemin! Why did you—"

"Shit." Jeno mumbles.

Donghyuck just stood there, didn't expect Jaemin to actually tell them the truth. Oh God.

"What?" Their parents react at the same time.

"So, that's the explanation?" Jaemin's dad's mouth ajar, couldn't believe what he just heard. "I... I am so sorry, Jaeminnie. Forgive me."

"Apologize to Haechan instead." Jaemin says.

"Donghyuck-ssi, I'm so sorry."

Donghyuck nods and smiles slightly. "Don't worry about it, uncle."

Suddenly, there's a gush of wind coming from the window.

"Whoa! Where did that come from?" Mr. Lee says.

Jeno hisses and scratches his nose. Donghyuck sniffs. Jaemin and Renjun notice the two and look at each other.

Another gush of wind came then Donghyuck and Jeno sneeze at the same time. Jeno scratches his nose again and Donghyuck just sniffs again. But this time, the actions made by Donghyuck and Jeno's body switched.

Realizing that, Renjun looks at the person beside him, eyes widen. "Haechannie?"

Donghyuck looks at his boyfriend and smiles widely. "Injunnie!" He then hugs the older to which Renjun responds and hugs him back happily.

"Nana!" Jeno calls and Jaemin feels like crying.

"Nono-ya!" Jaemin hugs Jeno so tight, the latter feels like he can't breathe.

Donghyuck and Jeno got back to their own body. Finally!

"Ugh, dude, why does my back suddenly hurt?" Donghyuck says as he breaks apart from the hug, reaching for his back then stretches them.

Jeno laughs, "Your boyfriend made me slept on the couch."

"Stupid, Renjun." Donghyuck tells Renjun, "You didn't think this through, did you?"

Renjun grins. "I'd miss you even more if I let him sleep in our room. At least I lend him some pillows and blanket. Did you sleep on the couch, though?"

Donghyuck shakes his head, "I slept next to Jaemin." he lies, trying to tease his boyfriend. Renjun reacts to that by slapping his arm. "Ouch!"

"Didn't I tell you—"

"I was just kidding! I slept on the floor." He carresses the part of his arm that Renjun slapped. "You're so mean." he pouts.

"I'm sorry."

Jeno and Jaemin look at each other in the eyes, smiling. "I miss you." they whisper at the same time.

"So, we're guessing, the wedding will go on." Mrs. Na says, smiling.

"It must go on!" Jaemin exclaims, clinging to Jeno's arm.

Renjun smiles, kissing Donghyuck on the cheek, which made the younger shocked, but smiles afterwards. He looks at the older and kisses him back.

"I miss you."
-