Ch 30

There is a face that comes to mind when I close my eyes. White skin, red cheeks, petite forehead, cute nose, red lips, long and thin fingers.

There is no part of her that isn’t pretty, but the most beautiful part would be her sparkling blue eyes.

Yurina Carthia.

‘How much has she grown?’

Raynald laid in bed and imagined her face turning 15. But it didn’t come together in his head. The only thing that came to mind is when she was ten years old. In fact, even that was blurry.

It’s already been 5 years since they separated. Even though he tried to keep Yurina’s face in mind, he kept forgetting it little by little. Only her blue eyes were clear in his memory.

He tried to draw out that face. The double eyelids were probably a little darker. Her cute nose would have become a little more curvy, and there would be a little more emotion in her eyes.

‘I wonder how tall you would be now.’

When he left the mansion, she was slightly smaller than him, so she must be a lot smaller than him now than 5 years ago. Dave also once told Raynald that he is bigger than his peers compared to Yurina who was slightly smaller than her peers.

He imagined her, who couldn’t reach up until his shoulders, looking up at him with moist eyes. He can hear Yurina calling his name with her thick red lips.

―Ray.

Early in the morning, a soft, fresh voice chimed as if it was like a bird singing. When Yurina called his name, Raynald felt like the most special person in the world.

In fact, he wanted to be the most special person to her, and so clenched his teeth and tried so hard.

However, that was only wishful thinking. Unlike Raynald, who only has her, Yurina has a family that cares for her more than anyone else.

His imagination became more selfish. Her thin, white nape, her white cuff wearing the ruby bracelet he got for her, and her white ankle that seems to be seen through the hem of her dress.

And if you travel further up from her ankle…….

He suddenly came to his senses. Raynald got up from his bed and wiped his face dry. He buried his face in his hand because he wasn’t able to calm his breathing.

‘Crazy.’

It was clear he was going crazy. If things go too far, it will be a problem, and he has been holding himself from his longing so hard that he must be losing his mind.

He always tries to think rationally without being swayed by emotions, but when he thinks of Yurina, his thoughts go out of control.

‘I can’t do this.’

It’s most probably wrong to say and think that the more she was out of his sight, the more he wouldn’t think of her. Because as the time went on, his longing for Yurina only grew.

Thinking that there are still two and a half years left before going back, he tried not to think of Yurina, but if he let his guard down for just a short moment like just now, her face would appear even when his eyes are closed.

Well, if it was possible to forget her, he would have already in the last five years he was here. But the more he tried to forget the more he thought of her face and pure smile.

The more he tried, the more he felt like he was drowning.

‘I’ll do my work’

There was a knock on the door as he got up to go to his desk. Normally, it would have been an unpleasant interruption but now he needed it. Thanks to this, he’ll be able to clear his mind.