No Matter What

I just cant stop I'm a story posting machine! Lol for this one I'm testing my skills with puzzleshipping. I had meant for this to be a one shot however while I was writing it I decided that I want it to be a short story with maybe two, possibly three chapters? It all depends on you my readers! Please, please comment, send a message, anything to let me know what you think! Youre opinions truly matter to me! Other than that enjoy the story! Disclaimer: As always I dont own Yugioh as much as I wish I did. If i did...there would be a hell of a lot of yaoi going on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Yugi let out a much-needed breath of relief as the last customer of the day left the game shop. Since his grandpa had sighed the store over to Yugi he had begun to realise how difficult it really was to own and run your own business. His social life and love life could testify to that. Yugi couldn't even remember the last time he had hung out with his friends. And although he sees his boyfriend, Yami, every night its only when they are going to bed. Their relationship, much to Yugis heart ache, was beginning to take its toll. With Yugi at the game shop everyday, and Yami now working at Kaiba Corp with Seto Kaiba, they never had any one on one time anymore. Sighing Yugi picked up the store and locked it up for the night, before leaving and making his way towards his car.

    Just as he was securing his seatbelt he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. Glancing at the caller I.D he saw a picture of his best friend Joey pop up. For a moment he was excited to see his buddy calling them, then realizing he couldn't even remember the last time he talked a wave of guilt washed over him. Not wanting to ignore Joey though he clicked answer and brought the phone up to his ear.

"Hey Joey," Yugi grimaced hearing the nervousness in his voice.

"Yugi you are alive! Thats a relief" Joey has been hanging around Kaiba far too much, his sarcasm was becoming hurtful. Not that Yugi didn't deserve it. No matter how busy work has kept him he should contact his friends more often. Yugi attempted a light-hearted chuckle before responding.

"Yeah Joey I'm still here. I'm so sorry I havent called you lately the shop keeps me busier than I thought it would. How are you though? Hows Seto?" Yugi asked.

"We're doing real good. Setos busy running Kaiba Corp but he makes time every Friday to go out to dinner with Mokuba and I" Joey told him. For some reason that mad Yugi sad. Not that Joey was happy, no Yugi was glad that his friend was so in love and that their relationship was going well. What made him sad was that he was jealous. Jealous that Joey had a wonderful relationship while his was going down hill. None the less however he told Joey how happy for him he was.

"Thanks Yug. But that's not why I called. Actually what I wanted was to tell you that Seto and I think you and Yami need a day off. In fact you should take a week off from work. But spend at least one of those days off with Yami. Before you end up losing each other. And before you say you can't I already have everything taken care of. I'm gonna run the game shop for you and Seto has all of Yami's work covered for him. Tomorrow the both of you are gonna spend a fantastically wonderful day together to remind you both on why you started dating to begin with. You can't deny you both need it Yug" Joey said.

    Yugi almost couldn't believe what his best friend told him. How had he gotten so lucky finding a friend like Joey? To just drop everything he's doing to run the shop for him so he could spend some much-needed quality time with his boyfriend. Joey was extremely right after all, he and Yami really did need some time alone together. Before they became complete strangers sharing the same bed at night. How long had it been since they actually had a conversation? How long had it been since they were intimate? If those questions needed to be asked, the answer was far too long.

"Joey I don't know what to say. I don't deserve your kindness truly. Are you sure you can handle running the game shop?" Yugi asked him. As kind as his offer was, Yugi couldnt help the little voice in his head telling him that Joey being in charge of the store was a very bad idea. He could almost hear his grandpa's voice asking him what he was thinking even considering such an idea.

"Dont worry about a thing Yug. Just go home and tell your man how much you love him" Joey reassured him. After a few more minutes of catching up the friends hung up and Yugi made the short drive to his and Yami's house. Yami was already in bed when Yugi entered their bedroom. The older man was sitting up reading a book, but closed it to smile at his boyfriend. Yugi returned the smile and sat on his side of the bed to take off his shoes.

"So has Joey called you yet to give you the good news?" Yami asked him. Yugi sighed with relief and stretched out his sore feet. "Yes he called me just as I was leaving work. Can you believe it a whole day to each other. I can't remember the last time we went on an actual date" Yugi confessed sadly. He felt the bed shift and then Yami's arm wrap around him pulling him against his chest. Yugi felt his cheeks flush and allowed Yami to hold him. It had been so long since they had laid together like this. Rolling over so he could lay his head on Yami's chest, Yugi closed his eyes content with just laying there with his love. Yami laid his head on top of Yugi's and started rubbing his hand up and down his hikari's back. After a few moments of silence, Yami spoke up.

"I'm so sorry Yugi. I never meant for our relationship to fall like it has. No matter what you should always come first in my life. I dont know what I would do without you Yugi" Yami pulled Yugi closer to him, his strong-arm holding him tightly to him. Yugi looked up into his lovers eyes before leaning forward and pressing his lips against Yami's. His heart flipped in his chest and he felt his body melt into Yami's embrace. How was it that a simple kiss was enough to make him completely weak to Yami? Gods how he had missed kissing this man. Yugi made a mental note to tell Yami no matter what at least once a day he needed a kiss from him. Before Yugi knew it Yami had him pinned to the bed, his body pressing into Yugi's smaller frame. The kiss had gone from sweet and innocent, to fiery and rough, not that Yugi was complaining any time soon. Before things got too carried away Yami pulled  away for air. Yugi smiled up at his boyfriend his face burning with a blush. Before he lost every thought he had in his head Yugi returned to their previous conversation.

"It takes two in a relationship Yami. I'm as much at fault for this as you are. But I promise from now on, I'll put much more into our relationship. Joey was right, at least one day a week should be devoted to us" . Yami returned to laying next to his boyfriend and  pulled him once again tightly to him, telling him how much he agreed with him. They had started to lose each other, but it wasnt too late. They could still salvage their relationship. Before long the lovers fell asleep, for the first time in a very long time, wrapped in each others embrace. Both dreaming of the wonderful day they would spend together tomorrow.