Yoongi - Studio Session

I had been in my studio for nearly a week straight at this point. Jimin's new solo album was going to be coming out soon, and he asked me to make some adjustments to his title song that he wanted done last minute.

He came in a few times to do some back vocals to match with the new tone of the song, and was in love. He hugged me and left the booth when we were done, and I have been in this chair ever since. I even napped on my futon a few times.

When I finally had the final product done, I fished out my phone from my pocket and texted Jimin.

Me: It's done.

Jimin: Great! I'm still here, I was just stopping to say hi to Yoongi and I lost track of time.

My entire body froze when I read...his name.

Jimin: Do you mind if I come back up and listen?

Me: No problem. Door is unlocked.

I put my phone down, seriously exhausted from the week. I don't even think I'm going to make it home before falling asleep. But I desperately needed to shower and wash my hair. It was full of product and dry shampoo that was starting to make may hair itch.

Not too long after, I heard a knock on my door before I swiveled to see Jimin's bright smile come through the door.

"Hey!" He greeted me, bending down and giving me a big hug. "Thank you so much for working so diligently on this."

"Anything for you." I said, as he then sat on my futon. "Are you ready?"

He nodded eagerly before I pushed the play button and the rom was filled with the music. I watched him close his eyes, and move his body in little movements, as if he was imagining a routine with it.

He was so dedicated, it was inspiring.

When the song ended, his eyes shot open and he couldn't contain his excitement. He giggled and shook with happiness, stopping his feet as he did. "I am so happy!" He said, before throwing his whole body back into my futon, his arms and legs out like a starfish. "It's exactly as I imagined it."

"Thank god for that." I laughed making him sit up straight and look at me.

"I have something for you." He said before reaching into his back pocket and handing me an thick envelope.

I looked at the envelope suspiciously, then back to him as I took it from his hands. He still wore a big grin on his face. When I got it opened and read the first line, I gasped and my hand flew to my mouth.

"Jimin!"

"I knew you would be happy!"

"How did you make this happen? I just now finished the song you wanted me to rearrange."

"I told the label that you were amazing. I told them that in truth, you were the producer I wanted on the majority of my music. If they lose you, then...well they would be hard pressed to find someone else like you."

"A real producer...like...officially?" I giggled, him nodding eagerly.

I couldn't help the excitement within me. This had been a dream. I had been producing music my whole life, but not professionally. I rented the studio I currenly had, and did these songs for Jimin as a favor.

It had been a long road.

Music was my life and I loved making it.

Especially with someone as talented as Jimin.

And here, in my hand, was an official contract between myself and Big Hit with a salary. I no longer had to pay for my studio, it was officially mine, and I would be able to work exclusively with the artists they represented.