Jin - Coincidence (part 2)

The irony of the day was just a bit overwhelming. Funny, weird, odd, you name it that's what it was. 

When I brought the envelope home to Taemin and Jackson they were also flabbergasted by the events. 

And what exactly did Jin mean by we would meet each other again soon? 

It actually didn't take long for me to find out what he meant by that. 

"You have mail." Taemin said knocking on my door. I was on my computer shopping for some cake items I needed for Leah's birthday. 

"You can set it on my bed." I told him. 

"Actually can you open this one now?" 

I turned and saw he had several large black envelopes in his hand. Two had white ribbons on it, one had a pink ribbon, and one had a red ribbon. 

"What are they?" 

"I am almost certain the are invitations." 

"To what?" I asked. He handed me the one with the red ribbon, and I noticed Leah's name on the pink ribboned one. 

"The semiannual Kim banquet." He said, as he opened one white one. 

"Seriously? Is this because of your new partnership?" 

"I guess." He shrugged. "There's one for Leah and Jackson here too." 

I opened my envelope and there was a standard invite to exactly what Taemin suspected, but in mine, there was an extra piece of paper with a personal note. 

I look forward to seeing you again. - J

"Well looks like someone made an impression of the CEO." Taemin teased. 

"I guess." I said, looking back over to him. "Is he not married?" 

He shook his head. "No. Minah's mother died of a drug overdose a year after she was born. Jin has had custody of Minah since she was born." 

"Oh wow." I said, as I looked over the invite. 

"You gunna go?" He asked me. 

"Sounds fun." I smiled. "Just surprised he invited all of us." 

"I'm not." Taemin said. "After the initial negotiations for our partnership, he turned into a really down to earth guy. 

"Arrogant." I said, making him laugh. 

"Well yeah." He said walking out of the door. "We business tycoons can be arrogant." 

I rolled my eyes and just as I was about to throw the extra note away, I saw on the back was a phone number. 

I punched the number into my phone and sent a message to see if it was who I thought it was. 

Me: Jin?

Jin: Yes? 

Me: Just checking. 

Jin: I see you've opened the invite

Me: Yeah, thanks for that. 

Jin: Dress nice, maybe in red? 

Me: Is that an order your majesty? 

Jin: Suggestion only. I think you'd look good in red. 

Me: Is that why my invite ribbon was red? 

Jin: Maybe

Me: I guess I'll see you Saturday night

Jin: If you can, arrive early. And bring Leah, we have a special wing of the banquet hall for the children