one

♪  fue mejor ~ kali uchis, sza

♪ fue mejor ~ kali uchis, sza

* oakwood elementary
thursday

Growing up, you didn't see yourself as a teacher. Instead, you had plans to be a doctor or a lawyer, like your parents wanted you to be. Your plans weren't exactly what you wanted, they were carved by your parents, and you were taught to always meet their expectations. You could remember the disappointment on their faces when you told them you switched your major to education.

You didn't care tho, you finished your degree in two years after already finishing two years while in high school, thankful for the program your school offered.

By the age of 20, you were a licensed preschool teacher, and you loved your job and your students more than anything. Kids were always something you wanted, but your love life wasn't exactly the best. You had your first and only boyfriend during junior year of high school, only lasting a couple of months and you've been single ever since.

Your hands scratched your forehead as you edited your lesson plans, teaching preschoolers didn't require a lot of planning, since you mainly taught them spelling, some simple math, and how to write.

"Ms. Y/L/N, Bryan keeps kicking me," Deuce's voice spoke, your head immediately lifting to look at him, his eyes were a little watery causing you to frown. Deuce may or may not be your favorite student, and while all the kids were sweet, the surprisingly tall 6-year-old was the sweetest and cutest of them all.

"Again, my love? How about you stay here with me, while I call his parents, yeah?" You softly spoke and pointed to the small chair that was next to yours. You decided to call his parents to let them know what has been happening. Every day Deuce would come to tell you some kid was bothering him, it was obvious that he was smarter and taller than the rest, and you felt bad because he was always left out.

You picked up your phone, dialing the number that came up for his dad on the report. You looked down to see him coloring some numbers when he picked up, "Hello?"

"Hi, umm is this Deuce's dad? I'm his teacher Y/N," you felt nervous, you always did when you made a call.

"Yeah, this is him, did something happen? Is he okay?" His voice was deep, and he was out of breath, which was odd, but you had no right to question why.

"Yeah he's good, I was just calling because some kids have been bothering him lately, and I just wanted to make sure that you were aware. I've already spoken to the other kid's parents about it,"

"I didn't know about that. He usually talks about school and if he does he just mentions spending the day with you," he sounded a bit concerned, and you felt bad. Maybe you should've called earlier.

"I usually have him sit with me since he's always doing what he's supposed to. He's a good kid really, I just don't understand why they're so mean to him, if I'm being honest with you," you shook your head as if he could see you.