A job

Lucy's pov***

"Jess I'm home," I call out.
I walk around the house trying to find my aunt.
"Lucy, babes, can you help me with this box?", I hear her call out.
As I make my way to the kitchen I can see her trying to balance a box that was practically twice her size.
"Jeez aunt Jess. Here I got you", I assure her. I have no idea why she thought she could carry a box that big all by herself, as she was literally about to drop the thing on her toes.
I helped my aunt put it on the counter and sat down.
"How was your first day out of the house, Luc?" she questioned me.
"It was hot. I lost my all bathing suits in the move, so I couldn't go swimming", I complained.
"Hm", she said while wiping the counter down. "You should go shopping later and see if you can find any good ones. Im sure there are considering we're on an island."
By now Jess had thrown the towel over her shoulder and was just leaning on the stove. As I was staring at her I saw how puffy her eyes seemed. She looked like she hadn't slept in days.
"Aunt Jess-", I started.
"No Lucy. I know what you are going to say. I am sleeping fine."
See the thing about my Aunt is that she never admits when she doesn't sleep. Normally I wouldn't consider that a problem, but with her it's like she can go a week without sleeping. It's not healthy, but she always insists that she's perfectly okay.
I look at her and sigh. "Go lay down. I'm going to go look for a swimsuit."
In these types of situations I've learned to not argue anymore. I just tell her to go rest and pray that she listens.
I grab my keys and head towards the door.
"Bye Lucy, Love you"
"Love you too Aunt Jess", I reply.

I'm about to start my Harley Davison when I stop and look at the ring. I feel a little bad for stealing it, as he said he had it for years. But then again, he also said he found it on the beach, so it's not like it actually had any value to him.
It was a gold ring, had what looked to be palm leaves engraved on the side, and looked old. Hopefully JJ won't miss it too much.
I finally start the engine and drive away from my new house. Maybe I should get a job. Im not sure what I could do but it doesn't hurt to try.
Pulling up to the shopping center I see a store with a red bathing suit on display in the window. "Go off", I mumble to myself, happy that I didn't need to search that much to find one. 
A bright sign is posted outside the store. "Hiring", I read aloud, "fuck yeah", I whispered, surprised at my own luck.
Maybe I'll get even luckier and they'll interview me on the spot.
I walk into the store, and decide to look at the swimsuits first.
I grab the red one that was on the display, grab a blue one, and then finally a black one, all bikinis.
Time to check out.
"Hi how are you?" I ask the old man behind the counter.
"Im doing great thanks. How 'bout yourself?"
"Im doing fine. I saw a sign saying hiring outside. Would you be willing to interview me for the job?" I question him, silently praying he says yes.
The man, whose name tag says Donny, looks over his glasses at me.
"What's your name?"
"Lucy Mcrae", I answer.
"Well how old are ya Lucy?"
"I'm 17 sir."
I seriously hope that he isn't only hiring 18+.
"Do you think you can help me figure out how to stay trendy?", he asks jokingly, smiling at me.
I laugh, "Donny, I'm not sure if you need any help considering these bathing suits are so cute, but sure, if you want, I can try."
"Well then Miss. Mcrae, you can start tomorrow."
" Thank you Sir", I smile at him.
I'm so happy, as I didn't expect him to actually hire me, that I don't notice someone walking into the store as I'm leaving.
"Fuck, I'm so sorry", I hear as I bend over, picking up my bags that I dropped
Wait a minute. There's no way.
"Hold on. Your Lucy", he smiled, "The chick who tried to steal my ring!"
Oh shit.
I look back to see if my new employer is watching. Luckily, he is walking to the back of the store, invested in his own thoughts.
"No, I have no recollection of doing such a thing", I bullshit him.
"Yeah. Just like I didn't just steal it back when I bumped into you."
oh. didn't expect that one.
I look down and sure enough he has it back on his finger.
Im guessing this kid didn't have a great. hold good if he's able t steal that well.
"I didn't expect the newbie to be a pickpocket type girl", he suddenly says.
"Well technically I never pickpocketed you, as your ring was on your finger, not in your pocket", I joke.
"Wow you're a smarty too."
"Yeah you must have a hard time with that", I joke around, laughing with him.
"Haha. You're so funny", he says sarcastically. "No but seriously. You should totally come chill with me and my friends later."
I mean if he insists. Maybe he'll even have some other hot friends. Not that he's not hot, but it's always good to have a few backups.
"I'll take you up on that. Where should I meet you at?"
He stares at me for a second
"Um", He scratches his head, looking quite uncomfortable. "Before I answer that,  where do you live?"
I mean I don't really remember my address. I don't live on the rich side of town but not in the cut either.
"Uh", I sort of stutter a little, which is kind of embarrassing, "To be honest I forget. In the middle?", I say, sort of questioning myself.
JJ seemed to breathe a sigh of relief.
"Okay that's good. Can  I have your phone to put in my number? I can pick you up later if you want, but I'll need to know your address if that's okay with you."
Okay, I know what you're thinking. Lucy! Stranger Danger! But then again he was a hot stranger. And I kind of owed it to him since I stole his ring. Even if he got it back.... Okay so maybe I just wanted to make a friend. But hey, you would too.
"Yeah, here", I finally answered, handing him my phone. 
He gave me it back and flashed his smirk, the same one he did when I first saw him on the dock.
"I gotta go Newbie, but text me later. And don't forget to wear a swimsuit. Preferably that red one", He added, practically yelling as he had already started walking away from me.
Damn. So he's bold too. Either that or he's just a flirt. Doesn't really matter to me, Im enjoying it.
I smile to myself as I climb on to my bike.
OBX just got a lot more interesting.