Chapter One: Spending the Night in Undella

"Come on, Touya, we need to get off this beach. It's starting to rain!" I ran towards the town in front of us, dragging Touya by his arm. My boots sank in the wet sand; the sand finding a way to wedge itself into the crevices and cracks of my boot. It squished underneath me as I ran.

"If we stay out here any longer I'm going to get a cold!" I complained.

"Then just take my jacket," Touya offered, pulling off his jacket.

"No, no! I will not. Not again," I assured him, putting my hands out in front of me to stop him from even attempting. He pulled his arm off of my grip and wrapped the coat around my shoulders.

"Come on, let's keep going before I get a cold," he poked. I sneered at him, knowing that if he got a cold all he would do is whine and complain and ask me to bring him cafeteria soup, which would definitely extend our trip to Nimbasa City even longer than it already has been.

It's a good thing we got here from Humilau pretty quick! I thought to myself, as the sounds of the sea churning became more evident as the powerful waves crashed along the shore.

"Come on!" I yelled over the cacophony, grabbing Touya's arm once again, and barely holding onto his coat on my shoulders. We ran into Undella Town, where we looked around desperately for the Pokémon Center. Although we had been here numerous times, the darkness brought by both the late afternoon and storm clouds made it hard to see. The rain was starting to come down harder, and the little shower that started it off had turned into a huge storm. Palm trees swayed with such force, I thought they might snap. Thunder and lightning crashed off in the distance, making me shiver a little from fear, the whole "being drenched" thing probably didn't help either.

"There it is!" I yelled over the claps of thunder.

"I see it too! Let's go!" This time he was the one to drag me. I had stepped in too many puddles to count, and my socks were starting to get soaked through my boots, the sand from before obviously not helping my situation. Luckily, it didn't take us to long to get across the vacant street and run for cover inside the Pokémon Center. The automatic doors opened and we both jumped inside, anxious to get out of the storm. I collapsed on the floor, just as soon as I knew we were in, sitting a few feet from the front door. Exhaustion heaved on my chest.

"Welcome, welcome!" Nurse Joy greeted us. I looked up from where I was sitting, and smiled tiredly at the amiable lady.

"Can you help me up, Touya?" I asked, holding out my arms.

"Yeah sure," he mumbled, grabbing my arm and pulling me off the ground. We started making our way to Nurse Joy's counter.

"It's pretty crazy out there, yeah? It's not normal for us to have such a severe storm in the summer," she enthused, trying to create small talk.

"Yeah, no kidding. Touya and I are here a lot, and it's never this bad, even in the springtime." The young, pink haired nurse laughed softly at my words.

"Do you have any available rooms for us?" I asked kindly. Nurse Joy nodded and started scrolling through her computer.

"Yes, it looks like I have a couple available. Would you like to take a room?"

"Yes please." I pulled out my Pokedex in knowledge of what came next.

"Can I see your Pokedex's?" I handed her my own, as Touya pulled his out of his bag and did the same. Nurse Joy placed them on the Pokedex reader and entered our information into her system.

"Wow, you two have been everywhere, haven't you?" she acknowledged our trainer's information. "You both have all eight badges too! Wow! That's pretty incredible for trainers as young as you both are."