Painting the Town

An Atlesian scientist stands sweating in front of me, carefully tapping at his tablet, making many mistakes in the process, which he very quickly corrected.

Why was the man so nervous? Well, the answer to that is very simple.

He could feel the barrel of my Mastiff digging into his back.

Every movement that I made caused the man to flinch, which was very amusing to me. I was just standing behind him, watching the tablet carefully, making sure that no blueprints were taken.

He was assigned a simple task. All they wanted to know was if there was any kind of possibility of Rosie losing it and if she was really safe to be in the public eye.

They could have just asked me. The general really didn't need to barge into my hangar and demand to study my friend, and possibly destroy her. He wasn't interested in any kind of mass production, not before he came to me, and certainly not after I explained the lengthy process of training to pilot a titan, as well as how dangerous they are for people that don't know anything about them.

Titans were efficient for military operations in my military because lots of people used them, and so we all kind of accepted that they were here to stay.

He also didn't want to risk such a powerful weapon getting into the hands of any enemies, which could spell disaster for many thousands of people.

The lack of mass production was good for me as well. In this world, the only ground unit that can kill a titan quickly is another titan, which in this world means that, as a team, Rosie and I are practically invincible.

I don't exactly trust the general, so his not having any kind of effective means of stopping me gives me a heavy advantage. One that I will use without any second thought, should he give me a reason to do so.

However, I was broken from my thoughts as the scientist quickly called out.

Scientist: Alright, it's done! It's done!

I pushed him out of the way and began looking over the things he noted. I deleted a few things, mainly important things, like how some of Rosie's mechanisms work and how her core ability works.

The core is her most powerful attack. There's no way I'm letting them have access to that.

After that, everything appeared to be in order; after going over her wiring and calculating the chances of her malfunctioning and turning hostile, all of the calculations came out to be nearly zero percent. It was determined that she was indeed safe to be in public.

I made my way over to Rosie and continued the maintenance as the General and his men began packing up. I spoke to the General as he was about to exit the hangar.

Me: A word of advice, General. When you put your intentions forward when you need something, people will be more likely to cooperate and give you what you want.

He was silent as he left, which was no surprise to me. The man's hubris blinds him and causes him to make stupid decisions. One of which was barging in here and making demands.

I finished the maintenance at about eight in the morning, which is much later than usual, and I didn't even make it to the dorm as I fell asleep in the hangar.

I didn't wake up until after six PM. This means I completely skipped classes for the day, but it's whatever. One day of skipping classes isn't going to kill me.

I do vaguely remember Yang waking me up a few hours ago.

Flashback Yang's POV