oh, joy a family reunion

to say Klaus was confused would be an understatement

this wolf, whoever it may be, had indeed saved his life

it had guarded him when he was vulnerable and stood by him when he was powerful. 

It protected him against his own family. He wondered why. Klaus glanced down at the wolf who was watching him. 

he wished he knew who she was, what she was thinking. A thought occurred to him.

"Come here love." The wolf complied and trotted over to where Klaus was standing at his easel. He bent down and sat on the floor. The wolf nuzzled his hand. 

"I would like to try something." He told her. She nudged his hand. 

He gently placed his hands on either side of her head, her fur was rough, and warm. He closed his eyes and attempted to clear his mind. To open it to her. 

.........................................................

A young girl looked down from a tree. 

"Ty Ty!" She exclaimed when she saw the younger boy.

"Rora!" The 4-year-old starred up at his sister adoringly. She was so cool and smart- she knew how to climb a tree! 

The girl hopped down and ruffled her little brother's hair.

"Did you know Mr. Dalton used to live in New Orleans?" She asked.

"Where's New Or-weans?"

"Louisiana! One day I'm going to go there! Mr. Dalton said he owned a music store there! He even showed me some of his records!" 

"AURORA! TYLER! DINNER!" A woman called from up the hill.

"Race you!" Aurora said and took off running.

"Hey! No fair!"

.........................................................

Klaus opened his eyes. Something had blocked him, but he had seen one memory. He knew now who the wolf was.

Even after 5 years, the disappearance of the mayor's daughter was all anyone could whisper about when they saw a Lockwood. Everyone remembered the searches, hours in the cold, rainy woods calling her name until their throats gave out. 

She was the golden girl of Mystic Falls. Before Elena Gilbert- was Aurora Lockwood. 

.........................................................

Klaus received a call from his darling sister Rebekah. He'd been in Medford 'helping' the witch. Klaus had informed his family not to bother him and answered the phone rather annoyed. 

"What could possibly be so bloody important-" He began 

"Mikael is dead."

"What did you say?"

"Mikael is dead, he lies here before me stabbed with his own weapon." Rebekah said.

"Prepare for my return." Klaus knew something was amiss. He recalled Stefan's warning. His sister lied to him; she would pay. 

When Klaus got to Mystic Falls, Aurora was right on his heels. Now that he knew who she was, she never left his side. 

Rebekah hugged a stiff Klaus and quickly pulled away at Aurora's growl. 

"All of our troubles are over Nik." She told him joyfully but would not meet his eyes. 

"You dare lie to my face?" He sounded angry, but he was just hurt. 

"W-what?" Rebekah stuttered, glancing around nervously. 

Klaus laughed dryly.

"Do you take me for a fool? I knew you were a liar the moment those words came out of your mouth. now, where. is. Mikael." Klaus spat.

Elena and Bonnie exchanged a glance, maybe this was not such a good idea after all. 

"I-he-" Rebekah began.

"Ah, Niklaus. You decided to join us after all." Klaus' bravado faltered at the sound of the man's voice. 

Mikael walked out of where he was hidden in the shadows, fiddling with a white oak stake. 

"You."

"Yes me, aren't you glad to see me? I have been searching for you for quite a long time now Niklaus."

Klaus rolled his eyes. 

"Oh, joy a family reunion. Just what I've always wanted-"

Mikael interrupted him angrily.

"YOU ARE NOT MY FAMILY!"

"Well, its not my fault you didn't do your job and mother dearest had to run off and find another suitor!" Klaus exclaimed. 

Mikael sighed angrily.

"You've had your fun boy. Enough is enough-" In attempt to catch Klaus off guard, Mikael lunged at him. 

To everyone's surprise Klaus easily moved out of the way.

Klaus continued to deflect Mikael's advances; it almost was if he was fighting a human.

Mikael roared in anger. 

Bonnie gasped. With a wave of her hand, she sent Mikael flying back. 

"STOP!" She commanded. 

"What is it Bonnie?" Elena asked in confusion. 

"We are not to kill Klaus. He is not to die yet-" 

Mikael had lunged at the unassuming Klaus; however, a blur of white fur flew at him. Mikael screamed in agony as the wolf tore at his flesh. 

Klaus knelt down.

"Come here love, you wouldn't want to stain your lovely coat now, would you?"  Klaus asked her. The wolf trotted over to Klaus who whipped a handkerchief out of his pocket and began gently cleaning the blood off of her muzzle.

He picked up the white oak stake and drove it through Mikael's heart, his body burst into flames.
Rebekah gasped, reminding Klaus of her presence. All in one swift motion he drove a dagger into her heart.

"See you in a decade or so, dear sister."

*UNEDITED*