woooo oh no

edit - fixed a few spelling mistakes

cw: blood and death and destruction ig

kinda gender neutral reader but reader was gonna be a man but idk how to write that in 1st person

i turned around just to be met with those beautiful blue eyes. the eyes i could look into for hours without getting bored.

"good morning, sleepyhead." i walked towards him and wrapped my hands around him.

"mhm." he simply responded, before kissing my forehead and laying his head on my shoulder. i wanted to stay like that forever, though i knew we needed to go eat. i took his hand in mine and walked with him to the table.

"i made some breakfast since you were still asleep." i said, laying a pancake on my plate. "i know you're not really hungry in the mornings, so it's fine you don't want to eat anything." i continued, before starting to ramble about something i barely even remember. i looked up at him, acknowledging the fact he had been quiet that whole time.

he was staring at me

"dain?" he shook his head.

"sorry, i just..." i don't remember more of that moment. but something was wrong with him, or maybe, he knew this would happen. he knew everything. how could i have been so blind?

well, "all good things must end." i sigh as i look down at the destroyed nation. this is the second nation we have witnessed fall.

though this time, he didn't need to carry the burden of not being able to save the nation. he did his best. and i guess that's what matters. though unlike last time, he's on the ground, hands and face covered in his own and others blood. with a sword pierced through his heart.

the twilight sword would finally be at peace for the first time, forgetting about all the good times we shared, he was so selfish, only thinking about himself.

"hey, we need to go. it's not safe here."

i held back a sob as i walked with calvary captain towards the others.

what am i supposed to do now? i've lost the love of my life, my home, myself.

"did you get everyone?" the acting grandmaster, jean, asked the blue-haired knight. i stopped listening and turned around to look at mondstadt again. it was full of flames, and those oh so familiar black and red cubes. the feeling that this wasn't over was strong.

i clench my fists, stupid, stupid dainsleif, stupid me, stupid mondstadt, stupid abyss, stupid anemo archon, stupid lumine.

"we got everyone out of there, why so under the weather?" kaeya put a hand on my shoulder and i choked back a sob, no you didn't.

"i'll miss my home." and dainsleif.

this was made for iwannakissdainsleif