Chapter 2

Hans can feel his soul coming out of his body. He was well aware that the red lamb was a trouble magnet, but he had never experienced so many emotions in one day.

Hans had worked for the Henituse since he was a child and was regarded as the best of the best when it came to handling the count's sheep. He was one of the slum residents selected to work for the count. He was granted not only food and clothing, but also a place in the servant dorm to reside.

Well, Hans is truly grateful to the count. However, the amount of trouble that this particular red fluff causes can become exhausting at times.

He was so used to seeing the lamb get hurt or bringing a flock of birds home with him.

On the first day of work, each new employee was presented to the red lamb. It was being carried by the count as if it were his biological son. The count's eyes were gentle and caring, and it appeared that the mansion's maids and attendants were already aware of the lamb's existence.

The crimson lamb was given the name of the count's family. Cale Henituse is its name, and it has been granted a lifetime's worth of jewellery and treasures. Because it was such an unusual occurrence, some employees were greedy and attempted to steal some of the lamb(count's) riches. Of course, those employees will always mysteriously vanish into thin air the next day.

The sheep were also guarded by wolves rather than shepherd dogs. Hans was initially scared of them, but eventually learned that these wolves treated the sheep with great care.

The red lamb was in charge of all the sheep and wolves, which was something extraordinary. Despite the fact that the lamb is the tiniest, every creature, including maids and attendants, treats him as if he is the king.

Usually, a sheep's lifespan is only ten to twelve years. Sure, there are exceptions, such as those who live for up to twenty years. But Cale never grew, even though his peers were sheared every year; his fluffiness did not develop, and neither did his weight or height.

The red lamb was nowhere to be spotted today.

It was Hans' rest day today but was cut short when Choi Han, Cale's right-hand wolf, began howling in front of his quarters.

Choi Han then bit his clothes and pulled him to the sheep's pen, where all of the sheep who had been startled by Choi Han went. Hans immediately knew what was wrong and rushed to inform the count. 

'Is today finally my death day? I'm still so young.'

The count nearly choked on his tea when he heard of the news and immediately dispatch a search team to look for his precious lamb. Cale has never been one to stay out of trouble, has he? They headed out into the misty forest with the wolves, led by Choi Han, in quest of the lamb.

"Hyung? What's going on?"

"Someone took Cale-nim away."

"The young master was kidnapped?! Hyung should have brought me with you next time!"

"Thanks Lock, but she's strong. You could've gotten hurt if you're with me."

Among those who serve the crimson lamb, Lock is a promising wolf.

Cale was the one who found Lock while he was exploring the forest with Choi Han. He was heavily injured and Cale just could not let him be. Choi Han remembered Cale saying something about how annoying it would be if other wild animals found the young wolf and ate it.

Lock is still just a child. Nevertheless, if anything were to happen to the young master, he would not hesitate to sacrifice himself.

"Achiii!"

'Was someone talking shit about me? Ah... I do hope that Choi Han will not make a big fuss about it.'

Cale couldn't help but shudder at the thought of the mayhem he created. He has been accustomed to trouble in some form or another. However, he was aware that there were many who prioritised his safety above everything else.

"Are you cold, Cale?"

Mary got up and walked over to the window to close it. She then sat on the bed to observe Cale more carefully.

"Now that I know you're the count's lamb, should I treat you with respect instead? Does it work this way, cale?"

To be honest, Mary was excited as it was the first time she had brought an animal to the farmhouse. However, learning that the lamb belonged to the Henituse left a sour taste in her mouth. 

Likewise, Cale was observing Mary too.

'A young girl who can defeat Choi Han. They say looks can be deceiving, is she really human?'

Those lustrous black strands looked just like Choi Han's, and the glistening purple eyes of hers were looking straight into his eyes.

'Well it's better if I act innocent right? I'm just a little lamb.'

Cale lightly bumps and nuzzle Mary's arm, acting cute is his specialty so he is not afraid of Mary not falling for it. 

Cale used puppy eyes!

It is super effective!

Mary tried restoring her HP!

What will Mary do?
Fight!        Run!

"Urgh! Cale, should I kidnap you instead?"

The count probably wouldn't notice one of his lamb going missing since he has so many.

'Excuse me? Please don't.'

Mary used run!

Mary was at her limit, she could feel something warm coming out of her nose. She knew the said lamb was dangerous for her health, thus bolted from the room, leaving Cale behind.

'Hey!! Don't leave me alone! What if that blonde guy comes?!'

Cale leapt to his feet and ran after Mary. He saw her running down the stairs and exited the farmhouse, but he soon lost sight of her.

Cale was put in a difficult situation. He was lost.

Sighing to himself, he tried unsuccessfully to recall the route back. The sun was setting as well, and he was hungry.

'Ha...Life sure is full of surprises.'

Rumors have it that there was a red little lamb walking down the street that day, unfazed by all the squeaks and murmurs around him.

Somewhere near the misty forest.....

"Cale-nim! Where are you!"

"Young master-nim! I'm here to save you!"

The howlings could be heard a mile away, making the villagers afraid to leave their homes for a while.

A/N: I was laughing while writing this.