chapter 60

C O N F E S S I O N

The house looked amazing.

Whoever decorated it, did an amazing job.

The living room and foyer had decked tables of different sizes all around. There were flowers everywhere - mostly tulips, my favorite - and champagne all over.

There were lights up outside, casting a beautiful glow over the pool.

I've never seen a house look this good before. I barely even recognized it with all the changes and decorations.

All the helpers were dressed beautifully.

"The guests are arriving!" Amilia excitedly rushed into my room. I was staring at myself in the mirror - running my hands down the sides of my dress. "Are you ready?" she wiggles her shoulders, rushing over to me.

"Yeah," I breathlessly say.

"Hey, don't worry so much," she says, placing both hands on my shoulders. "You'll do great, I swear."

"I'm just a little nervous, that's all," I swallow hard.

"Totally understandable," she nods.

"Where's, Antonio?" I ask looking up her.

"He just found out that our brother will be a little late and he's trying not to kill him through the phone," she snickers and I smile. "I could call hi-"

"No," I cut her off. "I'm okay. I'll be down in a minute," I assure her and she kisses my cheek.

"You're amazing. They'll love you. Trust your older sister," she humorously nudges me and I can't help but show a slanted smile.

Trust her.

Trust them.

She leaves and I examine the back and front of my dress, making sure it's perfect.

It was a black, floor length dress with two thin straps over my shoulders and a slit stopping at my mid-thigh.

The dress accentuated my waist perfectly with a heart shape in front of my chest.

Moving closer to my full length mirror, I check my hair and make-up.

Everything's perfect.

I'll be okay.

They're just a regular family. A mother and a father. Normal people. Like me.

Except they'll probably torture me for saying the wrong thing. At least his father will.

Maybe his mother will too...

No, Nirah. Calm down.

Take deep breaths.