Day 1. (MA)

Baseball. A very interesting sport. My crush, Marcus Abbott, plays baseball. Today was his baseball game, and I HAD to be there. It was his turn up to bat, and he missed twice. At the third time, he got distracted by something in the sky. An asteroid? No idea. But I knew this wasn't gonna be good.

People scattered. Screaming. Crying. Running. I ran to my house, and there I saw it. A skinny monster in my own home. I saw my mother and father laying on the floor. Dead. Tears filled my eyes as I fell to the ground.

My parents are gone.

I screamed. I didnt know what to do. The people who raised me. The people I loved with all my heart. Gone.

As soon as a single sound wave left my mouth. The big, tall, wrinkly monster, that looks scarier than a demogorgon, immediately turned to face me. Then... It pounced. A huge cut appeared on my stomach, blood seeping from it. I had to see marcus, or atleast say goodbye to him before that thing killed me, so I started running. As fast as I could, I sprinted out of the house. I saw his car, that had him, his mom Evelyn, and his little brother Beau. I stopped running to catch my breath.

When he saw me, he got his moms attention and the car pulled up next to me. He got out and pulled me into a hug.

"OMG! ARE YOU OK!?" He yelled.

I put a finger up to my mouth to signal that he needed to be quiet, "I'm ok, I'll survive." I signed to him.

"But can I stay with you and your family? My family is- is...dead." (It honestly hurt to write this, this is so cringy)

"Of course you can stay with us." He signed back.

.....

I stuck with the Abbott family, and we eventually made it to their house. Me and marcus made our way to his room, and I sat on his bed, while he sat at his desk.

"Why did you tell me to be quiet?" He signed to me.

"Because...." I told him about everything that had happened earlier. How I got my cut, how I think that the thing has excellent hearing, and how it kills anything that makes noise. Later that night at dinner, me and Marcus told the rest of his fanily everything.

Little did I know, this was only day 1.