Chapter 37

y/n pov

i woke up in my bed with my room straightened up.  i got up and walked over to the door after getting dressed and walked into the commons. chyarlie was sitting on the couch. he looked over to me and smiled. he patted a spot next to him on the couch for me.  i sat down and looked at the fire infrpnt of us. he looked over to me and pulled me slightly closer to him. 

"hey are you ok?" he asked

"oh uh yeah, just uh didn't expect to see that song last night" i said back. he hummed in response. he put his arm around my shoulder. we sat there for a little bit. 

"we have classes soon" he said softly into my ear. i nodded and we got up. 

we rushed down to our classes, we both skiped breakfast, and made it just in time. the day went by the same as usual. the occasional question and snape yelling. i decided to go down to the lake after classes. i walked down and sat down on the edge. i sat there for a bit until i heard people walking up behind me. 

"oh look its the girl whos aunt and uncle died on her birthday" i heard a girl say behind me

"push her in" i heard hazel say as they got closer. i felt hands on my back before i could turn around and then i felt the cold water surround my body. i heard them laughing until running footsteps came up behind them. 

charlie pov

i saw her push y/n into the lake and she cant swim. she told me last summer and i promised i would teacher her but we didn't have time. i sprinted down to the lake with leo on my heels. as we were getting closer i quickly took off my robe and dove into the lake. leo quickly pushed the other girls back and watched as i jumped in. 

i saw her body sinking down to the bottom. i swam faster and grabbed her and brought her up to the surface. i quickly put her on the grass and tried to catch my breath. leo rushed over to see what happened. 

"charlie try cpr before the hospital wing" he said quickly. i nodded and tried to do it. tears where streaming down my face as i started losing hope. after around the third time i was about to quit until i saw her chest start to rise and fall slowly. after a little bit she started coughing and waking up. i whipped some of the tears and put my hand under her head to help lift her up. her eyes fluttered open and she looked over at me and leo.

she closed her eyes slightly trying to adjust her eyes to the lighting. she looked at my face and gave me a concerned look.

"What happend?" She asked

" hazel and her new friends pushed you in the lake" I said , my voice still shaky. She sat up, grabbing onto my arm to help herself. I quickly helped her sit up by putting my hand on her back.

I stood up and reached out my hand to her and she took it. I pulled her up and put her arm around my shoulder to help her in. She laughed a bit at this gesture which gave me that butterfly feeling again.

Y/n pov

Charlie brought me inside to get changed for dinner. While I was getting changed I heard him tell leo he was going to tell McGonagall. As I walked out of my room he was walking back in through the portrait. Leo had already went down to dinner. I sat on the couch and charlie joined me.

There was a small breeze coming through the window behind us. I shivered slightly while looking into the fire. Charlie seemed to see it and took off the sweatshirt he had on.

"Here take it" he said.

"Are you sure?" I asked. He nodded and gave it to me. I put it on and it was big on me. He chuckled a bit at the size and put his arm behind my head.

We sat in comfortable silence for a while. I moved a little closer to him and put my head on his shoulder. I was starting to get tired and felt my eyes fluttering shut.

Charlie pov

I saw her move closer out of the corner of my eye. She placed her head on my shoulder and I felt my face heating up. I put my arm on her shoulder and pulled her slightly closer to me. After a couple minuets I looked over and saw her sleeping on my shoulder. I couldn't stop myself from staring. I knew dinner would be over soon so I moved my arm to her upper back and put my other arm under her knees. I picked her up and carefully brought her to bed.

I opened the door and walked in. I placed her in the bed and went to walk away till I heard her mumble something.

"Hmm?" I asked looking over to.

"Can you stay. You can sleep on one of the other beds or here" she asked point to the bed near her and next to her.

"Alright" I said sitting on the end of her bed. She moved over and I went behind her. She rolled over and put her head on my chest and she fell asleep quickly.

 She rolled over and put her head on my chest and she fell asleep quickly

(How yall Are sleeping)

My face was burning and it was probably bright red but since it was dark it hid it well. I looked at her one last time before closing my eyes and falling asleep.