3 The Case Of The Missing Lifeguard

Y/N's POV.

Max dances and sings around the room and El sits on her bed looking through magazines.I sit on the floor also looking through some magazines but also looking and laughing at Max dancing.

"Oo,you found Ralph Macchio".Max says as she turns down the music and kneels by El's bed.

"Macchio?".El asks.

I turn around and jump onto the bed.

"Yeah,he's the karate kid".Max replies and then  does a impression of a karate chop which makes us laugh."Hey,uh,is Mike a good kisser?".

"I don't know.He's my first boyfriend".El says.

"Ex boyfriend".I say and El frowns.

"Hey don't worry about it.Ok?He'll come crawling back to you in no time,begging for forgiveness".Max says.

"In the mean time,you get to spend more time with us".I tell her.

"Yeah.I gurantee you,he's totally wallowing in self pity and misery right now".Max says. "He's like 'Oh I hope she takes me back".We giggle. "God what I would give to see his stupid face".

El looks at us with a smile on her face.

El leaves her room for a mintue and Max sits down on the edge of the bed with me.

"This is really nice".I say. "What you're doing.You know,for El".

"Yeah,she deserves to live a normal life".Max says.

Then the images of my dad and the woman kissing flood back into my mind.

"I missed you".Max says and I don't respond. "Y/N?".

"Oh,yeah,me too".I say.

"Hey,are you ok?".She asks turning her body to look at me.

"It's nothing.Really".I give her a small smile.

I want to tell Max about my dad but it's not the right time right now.

"You know I'm always here for you whenever you need me".Max says smiling at me.

Max leans in and I feel her breath on my face.As I'm about to kiss her,El walks into the room.

"Oh,sorry".She says awkwardly.

We pull away from each other with our faces bright red.

"It's ok".I say and I grab the radio. "Let's do this".

El sits down with her back against her dresser.I sit on the floor against her bed while Max sits on the edge of the bed with a smile on her face.

"Is this really gonna work?".Max says and El nods. "Holy shit this is insane".

"Max".El says.

"Yeah quiet,I'm sorry".

We go silent and I look at Max smiling.

"I see them".El finally says.

"What are they doing?".Max asks as she sits down next to me.

"Eating".El replies.

"Of course they are".I say.

"They say we are species".El says after a mintue.

"What?".I say.

"Emotion not logic".

"What?".Max looks at me.

A couple seconds later,El pulls off her blindfold and looks at us.

"What?What happened?".I say before El bursts into laughter.

El rolls onto the floor and we laugh with her until we hear a car approaching.El sits up and looks at us.We clean up in her room quickly and put some music on before laying on the floor and looking through magazines.