Chapter 2

I stop at a nearby gas station and open the book to see Anaya has written something new.

𝒢ℴℴ𝒹 𝒿ℴ𝒷 ℰ𝓇𝒾𝓃, ℐ 𝓀𝓃ℯ𝓌 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒸ℴ𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒹ℴ 𝒾𝓉! ℬ𝓊𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓈 ℴ𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝒷ℯℊ𝒾𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃ℊ. 𝒯𝒽ℯ𝓎'𝓇ℯ ℊℴ𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝓉ℴ 𝒷ℯ 𝓋ℯ𝓇𝓎 𝒶𝓃ℊ𝓇𝓎. 𝒮ℴ, 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓂ℯ𝒶𝓃𝓈 𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓎 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒸ℴ𝓂ℯ 𝒻ℴ𝓇 𝓂ℯ 𝓃ℯ𝓍𝓉. ℳ𝓎 𝓉𝒾𝓂ℯ 𝒽ℯ𝓇ℯ 𝒾𝓈 𝒸ℴ𝓂𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝓉ℴ 𝒶𝓃 ℯ𝓃𝒹 𝓈ℴℴ𝓃. 𝒴ℴ𝓊 𝓌ℴ𝓃'𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓋ℯ 𝓂ℯ 𝒻ℴ𝓇 𝓂𝓊𝒸𝒽 𝓁ℴ𝓃ℊℯ𝓇, 𝓅𝒶𝓎 𝒸𝓁ℴ𝓈ℯ 𝒶𝓉𝓉ℯ𝓃𝓉𝒾ℴ𝓃 𝓉ℴ 𝓎ℴ𝓊𝓇 𝓈𝓊𝓅𝓅𝓁𝒾ℯ𝓈. ℐ 𝒽𝒶𝓋ℯ ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓇𝓎𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒸ℴ𝓊𝓁𝒹 ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓇 𝓃ℯℯ𝒹 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓇ℯ, 𝒾𝓃𝒸𝓁𝓊𝒹𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝒻ℴℴ𝒹 𝒶𝓈 𝓌ℯ𝓁𝓁 𝒶𝓈 𝒸𝒶𝓈𝒽. 𝒪𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓊𝓈ℯ 𝒸𝒶𝓈𝒽, ℴ𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓇𝓌𝒾𝓈ℯ, 𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓎 𝓂𝒾ℊ𝒽𝓉 𝒷ℯ 𝒶𝒷𝓁ℯ 𝓉ℴ 𝓅𝒾𝓃𝓅ℴ𝒾𝓃𝓉 𝓎ℴ𝓊𝓇 𝓁ℴ𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒾ℴ𝓃. 𝒯𝒽ℯ𝓇ℯ'𝓈 𝒶 𝒷𝓇𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓃ℯ𝓌 𝓅𝒽ℴ𝓃ℯ 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓇ℯ, ℴ𝓃ℯ 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓎 𝒹ℴ𝓃'𝓉 𝓀𝓃ℴ𝓌 𝒶𝒷ℴ𝓊𝓉. 𝒪𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝓊𝓈ℯ 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝒢𝒫𝒮 ℴ𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉. ℐ𝒻 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝓁ℴ𝓈ℯ 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓅𝒽ℴ𝓃ℯ, 𝒹ℴ 𝓃ℴ𝓉 𝓊𝓈ℯ 𝓉𝒽ℯ ℴ𝓃ℯ 𝒾𝓃 𝓎ℴ𝓊𝓇 𝒸𝒶𝓇. ℳℴ𝓇ℯ 𝒾𝓂𝓅ℴ𝓇𝓉𝒶𝓃𝓉𝓁𝓎, 𝓉𝓊𝓇𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒢𝒫𝒮 ℴ𝒻𝒻 -𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓎'𝓇ℯ 𝓉𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓀𝒾𝓃ℊ 𝒾𝓉. ℛℯ𝒶𝒹 𝓊𝓅 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝓁ℯ 𝒾𝓉'𝓈 𝓈𝓉𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓁𝒾ℊ𝒽𝓉, ℊℯ𝓉 𝓈ℴ𝓂ℯ 𝒻ℴℴ𝒹, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽ℯ𝓃 𝒽ℯ𝒶𝒹 𝓉ℴ 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 ℯ𝓁ℯ𝓂ℯ𝓃𝓉'𝓈 𝒽ℴ𝓊𝓈ℯ. 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓂𝒾ℊ𝒽𝓉 𝒷ℯ 𝓉𝒽ℯ 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝓉𝒾𝓂ℯ 𝓌ℯ 𝓉𝒶𝓁𝓀. 𝒴ℴ𝓊'𝓇ℯ 𝓂𝓎 ℴ𝓃𝓁𝓎 𝒽ℴ𝓅ℯ ℰ𝓇𝒾𝓃, 𝒹ℴ𝓃'𝓉 𝓁ℯ𝓉 𝓂ℯ 𝒹ℴ𝓌𝓃.                        

                 𝑆𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑦, 𝐴𝑛𝑎𝑦𝑎

Oh thanks, Anaya, no pressure at all. Just leave the world's fate to me. I go inside the gas station and pay for gas and grab some chips and a granola bar. I'm not hungry, but it may be a while before I get the chance to eat again. I fill up my car with gas and open the journal. The first element I need to grab is fire, he goes by Ashton and is known to be a little hotheaded. He will be one of the easiest to convince since his parents told him about his legacy of being an element. Okay, that's not too bad... Oh, wait he doesn't know how to use his power yet. Well, that's just great. I flip through the notebook, but it doesn't tell me anything about how to activate his power. I flip through the pages some more until I spot something hidden in between them. It's a picture of Ashton. In it he's grinning from ear to ear. His curly black hair is a mess. It looks like he hadn't brushed it in days. His eyes are a beautiful mix between hazel and blue. I put the picture down before I spend forever staring at it. He's very cute no doubt about that, but the point of this is to save the world. I punch his address into my phone and turn off the car's GPS as instructed. I arrive in almost no time. I pull into the driveway, but this isn't what I imagined the house would look like. It's not even the creepy fact that the house is in the middle of nowhere. It's the fact that it's a farm? Whatever, who am I to question the way someone lives. Jumping out of the car, I walk up to the gate surrounding the house and open it. I feel weird about this, but I keep going. I try my best to avoid all of the animals running around on the farm and knock on their door. I wait patiently for someone to answer it, but no one does. I look around for a doorbell, but there's not one, so I try again. It's cold, please someone answer. I knock for the third time, but louder.