«16»

★★

"Annie, aren't you ready yet? It's almost just an hour to your engagement and you-", Malvika paused as she walked inside daughter's room to see her sitting in front of the dresser, almost ready.

"Mumma, she's almost ready", Khushi said as she moved the brush on Annika's hair. Annika looked up and saw her mother who was looking at her with a wide smile and teary eyes.

"Mumma, no crying", Annika said looking at her mother getting up and went to her, hugging her gently. Malvika hugged her back emotionally.

"I can't believe, you're getting engaged today", she said parting from hug and cupped her daughter's cheeks.

"When Shivaay will make me wear the ring na, see it and then believe", Annika said shrugging making both the other ladies in the room chuckle.

"Pagal!", Malvika chuckled with tears slapping her cheek gently making Annika chuckle and hold her hands.

"Mumma, it's just my engagement today. I am not getting married already and that too, I will be living next to you only, relax", she said kissing her hands.

"Still you're getting married", her mother whined making Khushi chuckle and Annika narrow eyes.

"You are the one who was behind me to marry, now bear it", she twisted her mouth making Malvika shake head at her in disbelief chuckling.

"Get her ready soon Khushi, it's only an hour to muhurat", Malvika said before going out. Annika smiled and looked at Khushi who was smiling and actioned her to come back.

"Bhabhi, where's Ri and Bhavu? They're my friends, they should help me to get ready with you na?", Annika complained sitting in front of the dresser while Khushi starts combing her hair. Khushi was wearing a lavender & silver saree.

"They're helping the elders Annie. Ladies needed helps with some shagun thing", Khushi said making Annika sigh humming.

"Hey! Don't be sad. They'll come to take you at backyard with me and anyways, they'll be in the ceremony too. It's your engagement, cheer up", Khushi said rubbing her shoulders from behind. Annika smiled and nodded.

There, on the other side at Oberoi mansion. Pinki was moving around instructing the servants to take the things at back yard while Jhanvi and dadi was preparing things for the pooja to be done before engagement.

"Jhanvi aunty, these are the things Malvika aunty has sent for puja, add these too", Gauri came inside with a servant holding a plate and gives it to her.

"Thank you Gauri, is everyone ready there?", she asked looking towards her, seeing her ready in a yellow & golden saree.

"Everyone is almost ready aunty. Just Annika is left a bit and then we'll be at the backyard. Bhaiya is ready?", she asked looking around.

"Kahan Gauri, your bhaiya is still roaming around", Pinki came there complaining making Jhanvi chuckle.

"I just sent him forcefully with Om, Pinki. Don't worry, he'll be ready in a while. Stop stressing and let's go to backyard, Malvika is there too", Jhanvi said side hugging her.

"Yeah you are right. Gauri when is your parents coming?", Pinki asked looking at her.

"They have left and coming with Bhavya's family", Gauri smiled, "okay I will go now, I have to bring Annie to backyard with girls. See you", Gauri said and went back to Annika's house.