Chapter one

Blinding lighting struck the ground while the chilling rumble of the thunder deafened those near enough. I'm terrified of storms but something has been off as of late. I have this longing for closure. I want to know, are the gods... real? This painful question has been wandering within my mind for the past couple weeks. My worst fear is working for something that proves itself to be useless in the end. My studies must be proven if I am to continue with them in the future. I stand up and grab my umbrella then stand in place for a second just looking at the door, mentally preparing myself for the worst. I waddle to the door and rest my hand on the shiny gold handle before pushing my way through and flinging the door open due to the wind. I continue on my mission, trudging through the cold shard-like rain and harsh wind.

As I approach the dock, waves attacking the old oak planks mercilessly. I pause. I don't like the water, I don't know whats in it and that scares me. I gulp, take a breath, and continue on with my journey. Hesitantly, i begin to inch toward the edge of the dock where the rickety old boat had been holding on for dear life ever since this horrid storm had presented itself to the world. With my umbrella in hand, I step into the boat, praying I don't capsize. I tuck my umbrella under my seat and grab the wooden paddles on either side of me. With all the strength I've built up in my scrawny little arms over the years, I begin to row. "Heve, ho, heve, ho" i repeat in my mind to keep my boat on track. Struggling to steer due to the vicious waves and wind, i spin and come across a rock. "This will work just fine" i whisper.

I climb my way up the slippery chunk of land and took a seat at the top. Huffing and puffing from paddling against the harsh currents and climbing up the rock, I slowly pull myself up to my feet and find my balance before grabbing my umbrella and raising it above my head. "May the ceremony begin when the next bolt strike." Soon enough, the warm light of natural currents coming from above strike the waters surrounding me and shaking the earths core making a low rumble that sends a chill down my spine.