twenty-one

"Sam?" you hurriedly asked.

"Y/N" he sighed. His annoyed expression changes as soon as he saw your red and tear-stained face.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" he said with a concerned tone.

"I just...I just witnessed something" you stuttered

"Tell me about it"

As soon as he said that you began talking, rambling on about what had just happened. "I walked into the house and James followed me and I was angry but he got angrier when he saw I stole my Soviette book back from you so you didn't burn it a-and he began tearing it up-but then tore it up and he didn't even remember and I think he still has a part of The Winter Soldier in him" you stuttered.

"Woah, Y/N," Sam said, stopping you. You were shaking, so he grabbed you by the shoulders and patted them. "I'm confused"

"I stole the Soviette book back from you. It holds too much sentimentality and I can watch it be burnt" you sighed.

"Okay first, I was never going to burn it. Second, I was going to give it to the Wakandans. And Third, what do you mean about Bucky?"

"He tore up the book. A few moments later he came to, I guess, and he had no idea why I was crying or why the book was torn up"

"Y/N..." Sam quietly said

"What? I watched him tear it up...I-I even tried to take it from him..." you said tearing up.

"We'll go to Wakanda first thing Friday morning, okay?"

"Okay," you said taking a deep breath, "What do I do?" you said, fidgeting with your gloves.

"Try your hardest to avoid Bucky, but don't make it obvious. Just—Only till we figure out what's wrong"

"Okay...but it's kind of hard to do that when he and I are...never mind" you sighed

"You guys aren't official yet?" Sam gasped

"No, but it doesn't matter. I'm fine just behind his friend" you shrugged with a smile, lying through your teeth.

"He hasn't implied it?"

"No."

"But have you two said-"

"I love you to each other? Yes, we have. That's not the point here" you groaned, "I'll move to the couch if that's fine. I'm exhausted"

"And he still hasn't—Okay, alright," Sam said in defeat, "Just avoid anything that triggers him..." you walked away and under his breath, Sam continued, "or you..."

For the next two days, everything was normal, well, as normal as it can get.

You'd try to avoid Bucky but he just won't quit.

Sam had called ahead, letting King T'Challa that you'd all land around 9:30 pm.

"I don't know about this Sam..." you shivered, clutching the torn-up black book in your arms.

"Sam? Can I talk to you?" Bucky shouted from the other side of the plane.

Bucky didn't suspect anything. As far as he knows, "you're mad at him because he took Sarah's side".

"I'll be right back"

"Okay"

"What's up?" Sam said, taking a deep breath.

"What did you tell her?" Bucky whined.

"Nothing important. I say for you, to just wait it out, just for a bit, okay?" he said, patting Bucky's back.