Chapter 1

Frank was almost like a husband to me we talked about getting married all the time but we wanted to wait for the right moment he was the most intelligent man (lover) I knew he always spoke of history just like my uncle and father but he saw me in a different light from today, I haven't done anything wrong 'what did I do to make him so enraged?'

"We will not live like this anymore, I can't look at you without being ashamed!" He shouted while his hands were now fists as his jaw clenched tightly in anger.

I was shaken by his words forced to move on my own I couldn't lay my eyes on him, his temper was enraged, his eyes darkened looking directly at me I could almost hear his thoughts. We both we're silent.

"I can't live like this anymore, Claire."

I still loved him. He didn't give a damn about me but I strongly cared for him and I couldn't feel myself moving on with life without him.

"Frank please." I begged just like the other time but only it felt different.

"I have been seeing someone else." He took In a serious look not caring at all instead he only thought for himself.

"What?" I spoke so low he rarely could hear me.

He walked over to me and tried to place his hand onto my face I quickly pushed him away a tear came from my face more like a flood of tears.

He moved closer to me looking at me with the most furious look I've ever seen from anyone.

"Claire."

I stood there in silence the world caved in once again around me tears running down my face I didn't know if I was upset or angry, he cheated on me why wouldn't I be enraged?

He grabbed my wrist and didn't let go his grip was tight around my wrist almost feeling as if he bruised me then he kissed me on my lips I didn't push him away but I accepted It.

I took a few steps away from him breaking our kiss, "Frank.."

He didn't speak instead he rushed out the front door taking none of his belongings. My body ached terribly after, the abandonment.

I left myself alone crying endlessly like a river, I couldn't stop thinking about him 'Frank' I was filled with anger but sorrow I wanted to forgive him but why should I he should be apologizing to me I wanted to forget about everything but I couldn't I would have to move on from now where I stand.

Soon I decided it would be nice to take a walk through the park a breath of fresh air always reminded me of my mother when she'd take me to the park to play or even go for an evening walk in the woods, near river and even lakes she was an adventurous woman and so was my father I missed them terribly somehow they brought comfort to my day though these we're only memories remembered in my dreams I kept them close as if I was still with them.

After walking I chose to sit on a bench to rest my legs. I recently saw a father and daughter having a great time chasing, hiding it made me want to cry so beautiful I thought the laughs that came from the both of them were truly happy it brought light to me. Maybe frank hated me for never being able to have a child with him l was never able to convince a child I thought may I ever bear one?

I made my way home and started to get ready for tomorrow an exhausting day at work, once again it'll be busy as usual.

I laid in bed reading a book about The Battle of Culloden a book my father gave to me when I was younger I never understood it or found a time where I wanted to read it till now.
My father loved telling stories about any type of war which reminded me of my uncle who was recently in Scotland attending to work as a archaeologist but he sure did keep his label as being a historian I never understood why.