Chapter Two

"Spare me!" exclaimed a disgusted Weston and strode away towards his room. For some odd reason, he didn't feel good seeing her tears. 'Who likes seeing fake waterworks?' He reasoned to himself as he stood near the door trying to listen to what was going on in the next room. He didn't want her to leave and just hoped that Hudson was able to change her mind.

After Weston left, Hudson tried his best to calm Isabella down. "You're not going anywhere, do you understand? Don't mind Wes, he's a little immature. He'll come around. Give him a little time, pumpkin," he said, wiping her tears away. He felt bad for the young girl who was still a child and needed a loving home to grow up, not this sort of stress. It must be so difficult for her to cope up with the loss of her parents and then try to adjust amongst strangers.

"I don't want to impose, " said Isabella, wiping her tears away.

"You're not imposing at all. Mom always wanted a daughter and aunt Gloria was her childhood friend, they were very close. I saw how much she likes you and so does dad," comforted Hudson. Isabella felt much better and smiled at him. Hudson ruffled her hair and went out of her room to his. He wanted to talk to his twin before he left for soccer practice. Quickly getting ready, he walked towards Weston's room.

He saw Weston packing up a duffel bag. "What are you up to, Wes?" he asked. Weston scowled at him.

"I'm out of here. I cannot live in the same house as her," he continued stubbornly, throwing his stuff into his duffel bag. The truth was that he didn't want her to leave. It was better that he stayed away from her till she settled down here.

"Stop this, Wes. She has no one in the world. Dad's legally adopting her and she'll live here forever," said Hudson, taking the clothes from Weston's hand and placing them back into his closet.

"And you're okay with it?" asked Weston with disbelief. Hudson nodded. He liked Isabella, she was a sweet little girl.

"She's just a kid. Just treat her like a little sister. What's the big deal, man?" asked Hudson with a shrug. Weston gaped at Hudson like he had lost his mind.

"She isn't my little sister and will never be. She is an outsider and will always be whether dad adopts her or not," said Weston. Hudson looked suspiciously at him.

"I hope you're not thinking of hitting at her, Wes. Mom specifically warned us that she's off the limits for us. We're her foster brothers," pointed out Hudson. Weston's mouth hung open at his words but he quickly recovered and shrugged.

"Are you nuts? She's ugly and a dwarf. I hate the sight of her," said Weston, glaring at him with disbelief for even thinking of such a thing. Hudson sighed.

"I'll ensure that she stays away from you, Wes. You don't need to leave home for her," said Hudson, walking out of his room.

"Thanks. That would be a big favor, " Weston yelled after him but inwardly Hudson's words kept repeating in his head.

'She's off the limits for us. We're her foster brothers.'
'I'm not her brother', he repeated again and again in his mind.

Isabella kept hidden in her room just like Hudson had instructed her to do before leaving. She was scared of Weston and didn't want to anger him any further. Weston went downstairs to watch some live soccer match but kept looking up at her door not understanding how she could stay locked away in her room. Later his dad too joined him to watch the match.

His mom sat folding the laundry and doing things around the house. "Where's Isa? She hasn't come down even once. I hope she's well," said Henrietta Gray to her husband when Weston went to the washroom.

"Don't talk of her in front of your dear son. He'll leave home," said David Gray. She nodded in agreement. She went to make dinner while Weston sat in the living room watching the match with his dad.