Remember Me

Current - ???

Naruto Uzumaki, once an inhabitant of the elemental nations, ninja of the leaf, the son of the fourth Hokage and Kushina Uzumaki, currently is lost in a very dark place; why you ask? Well, it all started a few hundred years ago...

Ninja World – The Final Valley

Naruto lay before the corpse of his brother, his nemesis, his rival, Sasuke Uchiha with a somber expression. Naruto's clothes were tattered and had small burns on the edges, blood coursed through the middle of his face down to his chest; the battle was tougher than he thought it would be. He had no choice. The Uchiha was obsessed with revolution and revenge and wanted to destroy his home and kill his friends. He was cursed, damned, fated to drown in his own misery and above all, he was always envious of him, of his evolution, his achievements, and the friends he had. He pitted the Uchiha, he pitted him for being such a poor bastard. He did what was better for everyone. It was something that took the lives of many to understand, he just wished that he could see it sooner...

"There are those who words alone will not reach."

That achievement didn't come without a price, though. The realization took a great toll on Naruto's mental health. Everything he once believed was just a lie, an illusion that he was using as a cane to drag himself through his entire life. He laughed softly, seemingly to start losing his sanity. He felt his hands bloodied, and immediately tried to clean them on his shirt but to no avail; there wasn't any blood there, to begin with.

"Haha, is that it? Won't you blab about killing me just like you did with Sakura-chan and Kakashi sensei to achieve your doing? Get up! Get up Sasuke!" He yelled furiously to the figure but to no avail. His words could no longer reach him. Seeing the lack of response, he started to laugh maniacally. The laugh echoed through the now ruined and silent valley until... suddenly, Naruto stopped. A sense of emptiness and dread filled his heart. He killed his best friend in yet another act of bringing "justice" but there was so much one could take. He promised himself to never bloody his hands in an attempt of making justice with his own hands again.

He once again looked at his former friend's body. He would need all the Bijuus' chakra and Sasuke's Rinnegan to undo the Infinite Tsukuyomi but since Sasuke was dead, he would have no other choice but take his eye...

He kneeled before the cold figure and removed the globe from the cavity of its owner's skull. By removing his own left eye, Naruto inserted the supreme doujutsu into himself, immediately using the last remains of yin Kurama's chakra to heal and connect the optical nerve. He felt a surge of power going through his chakra coils; the most powerful yin release doujutsu coursed through him but it felt a bit underwhelming. Something was wrong, He was sure that He transplanted the eye correctly... of course! He immediately remembered that Kakashi had the same problem with the Sharingan. Only the true wielder of the doujutsu could use it at full power.

Naruto cursed under his breath. He wondered if an underpowered Rinnegan would be enough to undo the Infinite Tsukuyomi. He had no choice but to test it out, He tried to release the Bijuus from the Chibaku Tensei that Sasuke created but found himself unable to. He even tried transplanting the other eye but it still didn't work; it seems that the Seal Sasuke used was not an ordinary one. He sealed Sasuke's body in a scroll and left to the battlefield and try to release someone from the God tree's grasp and the infinite genjutsu.

Once there, he wondered who would he try to release. He needed help from someone who could fix the problem with the Rinnegan. Who in the shinobi world could poss... Orochimaru! Of course! If anyone knew about doujutsu it would be him.