Prizegiving (part 2/2)

Continued from part 1..

__________________________

The principle started with an incredibly boring and pointless 12 minute speech, followed by 3 of the school board members each coming up to talk. That first half an hour of the ceremony was incredibly boring, and you start feeling almost sleepy after having done nothing but sit there and listen for too long.

Your muscles start to ache, so you go to rest your arms on the armrests, but at the same time, so does y/c. And there's only one armrest in between you, so y/c shoves your arm away and grips the armrest tightly.

He elbowed you away.

You stare at him in bewilderment, but he just looks straight ahead at the stage, pretending not to notice.

Well if he wants to play that way...

You test him by trying to fit your arm on the little space left, but he again swiftly moves his arm there, pushing yours off.

You look at him and laugh slightly, confused, as you see him still staring at the stage, his face contorting, obviously trying not to smile.

You try again, and this time he fully lifts his arm off and grabs your wrist, picking up your arm and shoving it back onto your lap. He glances at your shocked 😦 face, then stares straight back onto the stage and takes his place on the armrest again as he tries to contain his laugh.

You look up at him and seeing his face, you start laughing, before quickly clasping your hand over your mouth when people started looking at you annoyed.

This just makes y/c laugh harder, and then you, both of you just silently cracking up, hands over mouths trying not to burst out, noones arm even on the armrest anymore.

One of y/c's friends, who was sitting on the either side of him, notices what was going on and smirks. He nudges y/c in the shoulder and nods towards you, making a love heart sign in his hands. Y/c rolls his eyes and shoves him back.

Embarrassed, you immediately look away from y/c and instead stare straight ahead of you, trying to get your breath back, and putting your arm on the empty armrest.

Y/c sees this and smirks, but instead of pushing your arm off, he just rests his on top of yours, his fingers overlapping your hand.

This makes you gasp and blush hard, retracting your hand in surprise.

Y/c turns and pouts at you, looking sad which causes the butterflies to race in your stomach.

You nervously move your arm near the arm rest, and y/c lifts his, allowing yours to go underneath, before placing his back on top.

He wraps his fingers around the top of your hand without saying a word, just smiling and staring straight ahead.

His arm is crushing yours, but you don't care, your just glad he isn't looking to see just how red your face is right now.

The butterflies are having a party.

You two sit like this without looking at eachother or saying a word for the next half an hour, not even moving your arms to clap for the other award recipients, just feeling this one part of your body's connecting and leaving it like that until it is time to get ready to receive your awards.

A teacher motions at your row to stand up and move to the side stage, which breaks you and y/c out of your trances,  and you look back at him nervously, seeing that he was blushing slightly.

Your row makes your way out and around to the side of the stage. You have to go up a few stairs, and when you do, you feel y/c's hands wrapped slightly around your waist from behind you, silently helping you up. You blush but don't try remove them.

After receiving your award - y/c got four, nothing happened the rest of the prizegiving. Just you and y/c sitting silently, hands to self, staring ahead, leaving you doubting all the thoughts in your head.

Once the ceremony was over and the lights turned back on, you rushed out of the building, not even glancing at
y/c because you feel awkward, but 5 minutes later, he catches up to you outside.

"Hey, y/n!" He calls out and rests a hand on your shoulder, turning you around to face him.

His touch pushes all those negative thoughts out of your mind, and you look up and smile at him, his eyes meeting yours.

"Congrats on your award." He smiles and rests his hands in his pockets.

"Oh- you too!" You reply.
"You're an overachiever by the way". You smirk playfully at him, nodding towards his four trophies.

Y/c scoffs. "You're just mad that I'm better than you".

You laugh and shrug. "Me? Never."

Just then, you see your dad's car pulling up in the school carpark behind you.
"I gotta go".
You force your eyes away  from y/c's and turn away, unable to stop smiling.  You wave to him as you start walking away from him. "See you next year, I guess..."

There was a pause, and then,
"Y/n, wait!"

You turn back to see him running towards you. He looks nervous, glancing at the ground.

"Hey, uhm, we should hang out during the break, I don't want to wait till next school term..."

You smile broadly, heart racing.
"Okay."

__________________________

That's the end of this one, hope you loved it and it wasn't too cheesy- this one was based on real life events, yk, minus the part where he asks me out :'(.

Lolz anyway hotties drop  a vote and/or comment pls it's hugellyy appreciated, ily <3