Chapter 7 - Sir your wife..

Hello readers I know y'all are annoyed by the slooow updates but I promise this is the fastest I can go with writers block popping up off and on :) Anyway apologies and a quick heads up that from this chapter on updates will usually be in first person POV to avoid confusion since a lot of new characters would be hopping in and out picture... Enjoyeee! 💖

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Muscat International Airport, Oman

Passenger announcement:
"Wellcome to Muscat international airport.. please make sure your baggage is not left unattended at any time....."

"Marhaba Wellcome misstaar Rowbart." The Sheik's batman greeted Robert shaking his hand, as he exited the airport building followed by three security guards and his personal assistant Mike.

But before he could respond.. a sudden gush of blazing hot sandstorm burned through their faces. As if they just walked out of a refrigerator into a chimney. For the first time, Robert realized how helpless his high-level security was In front of nature.

Thanks to the Royal protocol a good dozen men were already standing outside with umbrellas to escort him and the team to the parking area.

The seven-second shock traumatized everyone so much that it was only after they had settled inside an Air-conditioned limousine, that Robert realized he hadn't answered the guy's greetings.

"Wow, your country is hot.." Robert said sarcastically trying to initiate a conversation. But the men escorting him only grinned.

"So are you Sheikh Salim bin?" He tried to get someone to talk to again.

"uh No Misstaar, I am Faris Al Balushi, Sheik's manigar. I am been send to welcome you to the villa" The man replied confidently.

His accent made everyone chuckle but as a gesture of respect, they controlled it.

" Ah, I see. Thank you so much Mr. Balushi"
Robert replied but realizing how hard it was for Balushi to communicate in English, he decided to stay silent until they reach the Sheik's villa.

The rest of the ride was pretty much silent except for a few text notifications. But since the jet lag and weather was not very pleasant he decided to ignore it till they were at their residence.

Soon the car pulled over into the basement garage of the Sheik's villa. Balushi guided them along a carpeted path into a living room lit by incandescent chandeliers and lights. The most beautiful glassworks Robert had ever seen in his life.

Although being a gem merchant he had lived almost all his life in bling and shines but Arab glassworks were always mesmerizing.

"Welcome my friend Robert" a firm voice broke Robert out of his stance.

"Ah, Sheikh! Long time" Robert hugged the Sheik and chatting some warm-up greetings they walked up to the dining hall.

"... Please," said Sheikh gesturing to the team to sit down. " After refreshments, Faris will lead you to your rooms. We have arranged a small gathering tonight to discuss the deal for your new collection."

"That's nice of you Sheikh... " Robert started but was interrupted by Mike tapping him on the elbow followed by one of the cleaning staff dropping a tray full of cutlery and spilling juice over Robert's shirt.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Robert." Sheikh got up and scolded the staff in Arabic. Robert decided to stay out of it since he wasn't sure if Sheikh was scolding or ordering them to do something else. After a few minutes of scare, finally, people realized Robert was still standing there and one of the guys lead Robert and his team to their rooms apologizing all the way.

As soon as they reached their rooms, Robert quickly went in and locked the door behind him, and decided to rest while he had a chance. He pulled out his wallet cellphone and stuff and tossed them on the table quickly got into the shower.

[Mike's POV]

The flight was a pleasant one. Excluding the arrival winds, everything was perfect. Mr. Balushi did his best to transport us safely to the villa. Everything was going smoothly, the Sheikh invited us to refreshments and we all sat there happily. Mr. Robert didn't waste a second getting on to business.

While they were chatting business I decided to send a quick text to my family and office about our safe arrival. Still smiling I carefully turned off the airplane mode and turned on my mobile data. But before I could even think about typing anything a sea of missed calls, texts, and email notifications flooded all over my screen almost crashing my phone. Luckily my phone was on silent and didn't make a lot of fuss.

Almost having survived a mini heart attack that all those 500+ notifications gave me, I took a deep breath and clicked on the first text.

[Unknown number] Sir it's James. I tried calling you from different numbers. Mistress Melanie has been kidnapped please contact us as .."

Before I could finish the whole text the world around me suddenly collapsed. For a few minutes, everything blacked out in front of my eyes as if I was going to die right here. I tried to call Robert but nothing came out of my mouth. I even tried to move or at least do something to get his attention but my body was too scared to move.

A sudden shatter of glass finally broke me out of the trance and the next thing I knew, I was dragged out of my chair and escorted to a room. My mind was completely off so all I could do was walk with them like a ghost until I was in front of a bed and the door behind me closed.

"Mr. Robert.." was all I could whisper before collapsing...

When I opened my eyes I was still in bed. I got up panting and looked at the clock to realize I had been unconscious for almost two hours. Had Robert already checked his cellphone? Why did he not come to wake me up? I wasn't just his assistant but we have also been best friends. We had grown up as siblings. And as much as I knew Robert, regardless of his issues with Melanie, he would never be this calm knowing she was in trouble,  even if this was a prank. Something wasn't right. What if Robert was in trouble too!?

I quickly grabbed my cellphone and dialed his number but it was powered off. He must have run out of battery. The panic began to rise inside me again but this time I wasn't giving in. I got up and dashed to Robert's room. Shouting his name all the way.

As soon as I got there I just started banging on the door as hard as I could.

", Open up.  For HEAVEN's SAKE OPEN THE GOD-DAMNED DOOR. . SECURITY ?? ANYONE??"

I started to scream at the top of my voice. My vision started to blur out. I could feel À crowd of housekeeping staff gathering around but I kept screaming and banging until I heard the Lock click.

"Sir ... Y. . your w. Wife".. was all I that I could mutter before blanking out again.

I could have sworn he was shouting at me.