Chapter 7: The Escape

Author's Note 7:

Oh my god, I actually disappeared for so long I'M SO SORRY GUYS. Time flew by so fast while I was busy with other things that I totally forgot about my Wattpad book.

Ahhh. Welp. Anyways, now that I'm back, I'll try to finish where I left off a few months ago, lol.

Again, I truly apologize for not updating the book in such a long time. I hope everyone's still interested in it though!

Update: Chapter reviewed. No update was needed.

-

Zhongli's POV:

My eyes opened to bright light. I slowly regained my consciousness as I stood up and looked around. Iron bars surrounded me. Imprisoned was I. The Traveler was nowhere to be seen, however. All there was besides the locked room I was in was the entrance door.

Since nobody is around, I could use my power to break out of here.

I pulled two bars apart like rubber until my body could fit through. The door was different, unfortunately. If I broke it open, it would set the alarm on immediately. I broke off an iron bar and squeezed it tightly in my hands for it to turn into the lock's key. The door creaked open, and I was free. Now to find Aether and get out of here.

Kujou Sara's POV:

"This is where we will strike," said the ginger-haired man, "we have to use this side entrance to get inside. Where we went in last time was the main gate, which..." He paused for a moment, "failed."

"We can't afford to lose one more person, no matter who it is," the Yuheng said, "if we choose to go this way, it must be safe for both entering and exiting." "Are you certain that this would work?"

"There is no guarantee, but this is our only way."

"Do not worry," I stepped in, "the Tenryou Commission will make sure to assist everyone in this operation. If you need anything, troops or equipment, please inform me."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

That was my only way to compensate. We, the one who was in charge of protecting Inazuma, did fail to come in time to rescue everyone after all.

I will make sure that, with all costs, the Traveler and everyone else who was held captive would be free from whoever was behind this.

Dottore's POV:

Amazing. AMAZING!

Not only did we prevent whoever-they-were from getting the Traveler from our hands, but we also captured a VISION WIELDER! YES YES! THE NEXT BREAKTHROUGH IN MY EXPERIMENT! If I could get them to fight each other, I could show how effective the injections are!

(Dottore was undoubtedly a crazy human being. He would not look back at Pantalone's feedback which might be targeting the fact that the injections couldn't work with ordinary people. Instead, he believed that the stronger it is, the more laudable it will be.)

Zhongli's POV:

I could hear footsteps coming from across the hallway. I hid behind a pillar nearby and listened carefully to what the person had to say.

"BARNABAS!" the mysterious man screamed, "GET THE TESTING LAB READY. I'M ABOUT TO SHOW HOW BRILLIANT MY INVENTIONS ARE!" "AND YOU!" he pointed at a Fatui agent who just arrived, "TAKE THIS LETTER AND HAND IT OVER TO PANTALONE. NOW!"

He continued walking toward me.

Dangerous.

Just one wrong move here, I would be exposed. But where could I go? There were no other directions and no other objects to hide. I guessed the only way to face the man. Just as I was about to strike, a hand grabbed me and pulled me.

"Hm?" the man looked around, "eh."

"Shh," a short girl with a leaf on her head whispered. She looked like a ninja in the outfit of a tanuki.

"Follow me," she whispered again.

It didn't look like I had any other choice, so I followed the unknown girl's instructions and ended up in a small cave with a camp.

"This is my secret base, for now," she said, "it might be right outside the lab, but it's soundproof. You can talk freely here..."

Her sentence went quieter as it went on as if she was about to doze off right away. But she snapped out of it and shook her head.

"May I ask," I said politely, "who might you be?"

"Oh right," she replied, "Sorry I forgot to introduce myself. I am Sayu, a ninja in the Shuumatsuban."

"Shuumatsuban?"

"Uh uh," she stuttered, then sighed, "I suppose there's no harm in telling you this. The Shuumatsuban is a secret organization under the leader of the Yashiro Commission, the Kamisato Clan." "Ayato-, I mean, our leader, assigned me to help penetrate this lab and free the Traveler. But while doing that, I saw you trying to hide from that man, so I helped you escape."

She actually dozed off that time. At least I had a safe base to settle in for now. The effort to get here also took a toll on me, however. I got sleepy and couldn't resist resting as well. I supposed there was no harm in regaining my spent strength.

 I supposed there was no harm in regaining my spent strength

Third POV:

Dottore was furious. The blood veins on his face enlarged so much they looked like they could pop any second. Why? He was staring at the two bent iron bars where Zhongli was supposed to be.

Knowing that his possible test subject 259th escaped, he let rip, obliterating all small objects with his weapon and dismantling the big ones into pieces.

Meanwhile, the rescue team and the Tenryou Commission were returning to Yashiori Island. With their plans finalized, they were about to proceed with "The Final Operation."