San Diego

Jamie

"You ready to meet the Dads?"

"No."

Callie laughed.

"Well, my Sister can also be a buffer between Robert and you. And my step-Mom can also be a buffer between Donald and you. You got nothing to worry about."

"I do when you leave the room. With the way your family acts."

"Ha ha."

"Are your Dads gonna like me?"

"Of course. And plus, your first guy besides Brandon to meet him. But he doesn't count either. Since we weren't dating at that time."

"Have you two ever..."

Callie laughed.

"A few days before my adoption."

"What the hell? Why the hell would you do that if you were that close to getting adopted?"

"Well, I was at G.U too because Brandon and me kissed at Mom and Mama's Wedding. I ran away when Jude told me I'm selfish and ruin everything for him. They sent me to G.U to give us time to get over each other. He had a restraining order against him. We still saw each other. I kissed him at the G.U fundraiser since Robert was giving us a hard time about signing away his parental rites. My social case worker wouldn't let me stay with them while she was investigating the restraining order. I went back to G.U. Rita, the woman who runs G.U and a great friend of mine, one of the girls, Carmen accused her of punching her in the face. Whereas it was another girl, Brooke. The other lady that helps Rita with G.U, Michelle told me I was allowed to have my phone as long as I kept it a secret. I recorded her, admitting she lied but she said she'd tell Robin everything and stop me getting adopted. I'd have to go live with Robert. I sent it to her when I found out she was gonna be charged and lose everything she worked for. Because some bratty teens lied to the Cops. I knew my adoption wasn't gonna happen then. When Carmen opened her mouth about Brandon and me. So, we did. I guess Rita got through to Carmen before Robin got there."

"Seems you got lucky."

"If Stef and Lena wanted, they could've reversed my adoption when I told them."

"Wait. Don't you have an app?"

"It was run over by a bitch who locked me out."

"I can make an account."

"No. You have to be careful. Garrett is watching you closely as a partner."

"I'll tell him it's you. That a bitch is harassing you."

"Th-- That's great."

I laughed.

She shook her head, laughing.

I pulled into Robert's driveway.

We got out.

Callie knocked on the door.

Robert

There was a knock on the door.

I opened the door.

Callie stood there with a brown hair green eyed male.

I let them in.

"Dad, this is my boyfriend, Jamie. Jamie, this is my Dad, Robert."

"Nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you from Callie. All good things." He told me as we shook hands.

"Glad to see my daughter didn't make me out to be some villain."