1

"Lawrence, calm down. There must be a way out of this!" Adam said, sounding desperate and scared, but was trying to stay calm.

"I can't be calm! My family needs me! No, God!" Lawrence screamed. He cries and screams, still can't get the phone. He quickly turns and sits up, grabbing the chain and pulling it as he lets out a terrible scream of rage. Adam's hands are up clutching his head, trying to keep his cool but having a very hard time.

"Lawrence, I have a family too!" Adam said loudly trying to speak over Lawrence's continued loud, primal screams. "I don't see them, that's my mistake. It's a mistake I'd like to fix!"

Lawrence continues to freak out as he mentally breaks down, clutching the chain and screaming more, scaring Adam a little.

"Lawrence, stop it!" Adam yelled, desperate and losing his attempted calm stance. Lawrence sits up, stops pulling at his chain but continues screaming. He starts to unbutton his blue button-down shirt, then starts to rip it open.

"Lawrence, please calm down! There's a way out of here, there's a way out!" Adam sobbed, watching Lawrence slowly but surely loose his mind.

Lawrence gets his shirt off, down to a plain white tee shirt underneath. He starts to wrap one end around his manacled foot and ties it off. Adam realizes what he is preparing to do, completely loses it and freaks out, starting to scream his lungs out.

"Lawrence! No! Oh my God! What are you doing?!" Adam asked, throat hurting from crying and screaming.

Adam watches as Lawrence holds the other end of the shirt in his mouth, biting it for a brace. Adam thinks that he looks like a madman. He takes up the hacksaw in his right hand, puts it against his ankle and starts to saw into his foot while Adam begins to scream in complete horror. Lawrence screams through the cloth between his teeth. The blood squirts up onto Lawrence's shirt and neck.

Adam collapses to the floor in his corner, screaming and wincing. Adam is on his hands and knees, screaming and crying as he begs Lawrence to stop. Lawrence does stop, sits up and tosses the saw of to the side. Adam collapses forward a bit. Lawrence's foot was finally separated from the rest of his body. Lawrence crawls along the floor, moaning. He finds and picks up the single bullet from his envelope, looks at it. Adam helplessly watches him in terror.

"What are you doing?!" Adam sobbed as Lawrence dragged himself towards the body between the two of them. Lawrence reaches the body. He takes the gun, opens the chamber.

"What are you..." He suddenly realizes Lawrence's intentions. His eyes go wide, and he starts to cry out and beg. "Oh my God! Oh my God! Lawrence don't!" Lawrence puts the bullet in, then closes the chamber "No! Lawrence, please, I'm begging you!" Lawrence aims the gun at Adam "Lawrence, it's not me who did this to you!"

"You have to die." Lawrence hoarsely stated, looking like death.

"No, I want to live!" Adam yelled, his hands up in front of him defensively, moving side to side in an attempt to throw off Lawrence's aim.

"I'm sorry..." Lawrence apologized, moving the gun with Adam's movements.

"I want to live!" Adam screamed in an attempt to calm the pale, crazed Lawrence down and to convince him that no one had to get hurt.

"My family..." Lawrence said as he aims and pulls the trigger, hitting Adam in the upper chest area. Adam falls down forward onto the floor, his screams stop.Lawrence collapses, sobbing. Then he sits up a bit, turning to the surveillance camera and screaming. "I've done it! Now show them to me!"

He continues to cry, dropping the gun next to him, collapsing back down with his forehead to the floor. The sound of a lock being undone and a bang is heard. Lawrence pushes himself up into a kneeling position, a look of shock on his face.