Epilogue Part 1: "Little demon."

Somewhere in the future . . . 

"Salut! To the listener of this audio, today is Tuesday, 21 May 2020 and the time is 5:52 p.m. right now." Her soft voice giggled.

Her next words came out in a whisper, "I have no idea why I'm voice recording this. Maybe because I'm bored out of my mind in this hospital doing nothing or maybe because you're looking so adorable right now, snoring with your head at an uncomfortable angle on the hospital bed that I'm lying on."

Silence fell for a few seconds followed by the noise of Julian's snores in the background before Lilly spoke once again.

"It's been . . . a few weeks since I collapsed at Hannah and Blake's reception and I think we all are still processing it. Of course, they cancelled their honeymoon pfft, which is kind of insulting because it insinuates that they think I'm not strong enough."

She snorted, "I'm kidding, I know they care about me and I couldn't love them anymore about it. Anyways, let's talk about you, Mr. Julian. You've practically been my mom since the 'incident' and I admit it's cute but that doesn't make you any less annoying. Though, if I think about it, you also sound hot while commanding me."

She tried to laugh as quietly as possible.

"It's getting worse they say." She sighed finally.

Silence fell once more but after a long, long time Lilly spoke again.

"I'm not going to share this with anyone by the way let alone you, because then you'd tease me till I reach my grave -pun intended- about this. Yet I have a few things I want to speak about."

She swallowed audibly, "I'm sorry for this Julian. I'm sorry we didn't have enough time, I'm sorry I didn't confess my feelings sooner, I'm sorry for all the hurt I'm causing you."

She sniffled, "My chemo started soon once I woke up from the 'incident'. And they said my stage three cancer was getting worse and worse. Medications would also work only till a time and God is the only one who knows now whether this treatment's going to work or not. Although, I'm half tempted to go to an astrologer and ask them about my future."

"Fuck, I'm rambling again, pardon me." A half-cry, half-laugh came out of her.

"I think what I mean is that I'm always going to be there with you all. Yes, my physical form won't be present there but my memories would be which is more than enough. I trust you all to never forget me because if you do well then, I'll come back from hell to slap each and every one of you little shits."

Lilly's smile could practically be heard from the audio message, "And Julian? Please, just don't give up on yourself if my time is up. Don't hold back from living your life, don't hold back from dating, don't hold back from dreaming because the one thing I learnt from cancer is that life is way too short to hold a grudge, life is way too short to love someone and life is way too short to live it properly.

"So, maybe cherish the time you've still left huh? I trust you with that and don't become cold or broody or anything because I will personally come back to haunt you."

Shuffling noises came after that, "Okay, I think it's time for me to say bye-bye because you're going to wake up soon, I think if your continuous head movements are any indication.

Oh, and one more thing: I love you, Julian. I always have, and always will. Peace out!"

The voice recording ended with a beep and Julian didn't have to look up into the mirror beside the vanity to see those tears streaming down his cheeks. More than seven years later and he still couldn't stop listening to this every day.