Into the Wonderland

3rd pov...

"Aww, your so lucky to bring pets to school", a girl said as she played with a small red panda. On the desk next to the girl was a sleeping small blue fox with a small wolf and a male doing his schoolwork. "How'd you get the principal to agree?"

"They are my 'emotional support' animals", the male, Tamago Hiroshi, responds, looking up from his schoolwork. "It's been hard since the incident."

"Oh, right", the girl says. "I'm sorry about your loss."

"It's alright..." Tamago paused, not remembering the girl's name.

"I'm Sentani Chieko", the girl introduced herself. "I sit behind you."

"It's nice to meet you, Sentani-san, I'm Tamago Hiroshi", Tamago introduced himself.

"It's nice to meet you too, Tamago-kun", Sentani stops playing with the red panda to look at Tamago. "We should be friends."

"Why should we?" Tamago asks. "It's only the second day of school."

"That's precisely why we need to be friends", Sentani puts her hands on Tamago's desk with a thud and the fox wakes up. "Friend groups are made during the first month of school! You don't want to end up all alone, do you?"

"I guess that we could be friends", Tamago sighs and puts away his schoolwork into his bag. "Could you watch over my support animals while I go to the vending machines?"

"Sure", Sentani immediately responds. "What are their names, by the way."

"The red panda is Mai, the wolf is Shadow and the fox is Lily", Tamago says as he gets up from his chair. "I'll be right back." Tamago walks out of the classroom. Sentani looks at the three animals, immediately noticing their different personalities. Lily was going back to sleep without a care in the world. Shadow was playing with a small toy Tamago had given him and Mai was trying to get Sentani's attention again. Sentani giggles and goes back to playing with Mai.

The rest of the school day went by in a flash for Tamago, for he had to keep watch of his three 'pets' and his new friend, Sentani. Tamago learned that Sentani was a bit of a klutz and every time something happened to her, Lily would turn her head away as if laughing at Sentani. At the front gates of the school, Sentani waves goodbye to Tamago, she had told him that her brother picks her up. After watch Sentani leave, Tamago starts on his way home.

"Can you pick up some onigiris on the way", Lily pops her head out of Tamago's bag and asks.

"Can't you go get your own", Tamago questions. "You aren't even my familiar."

"I can't leave you alone with those two", Lily replies back. "You might hurt them."

"Hiroshi is a good person, Lily", Shadow looks at Lily from Tamago's shoulder. "Besides if he was going to hurt us, he would of already done it."

"Shadow's right, you know", Mai adds. "Also, we are capable of defending ourselves from humans. We don't need you as a babysitter."

"I'm not being a babysitter", Lily argues. "I'm just making sure that you're safe, since we're from the same shrine and all."

"Sure, let's go with that", Mai says, rolling her eyes.

"Whatever you say", Shadow looks ways from Lily. Lily huffs, hops out of Tamago's bag, and scurries into an alley that was close by.

"Is she coming back", Tamago asks his two familiars but they don't answer.

"Man, being in that form all day hurts", Lily comes back. Tamago expected to see a blue fox but instead sees a girl with blue hair and fox ears on her head. She is wearing a black hoodie with blue ripped jeans and combat heeled boots.