Part 1

"New Greenie come up tomorrow, you excited y/n?" Newt asks as he sits beside me with the Stew that Frypan had made for dinner. 

"I stopped getting my hopes up a long time ago, Newtie. There's no chance there's ever going to be another girl here, I've just accepted it." 

"Why do you think that?"

"Um, probably because I have been in this shuck maze for two years and it's still nothing but boys."

"Good point, but you love us though," Newt says with a keen smile.

"Yeah, most of the time," I say as I ruffle his hair.

"Hey! Only most of the time? Y/n we all know that you love me one hundred percent of the time!" Minho startles Newt and me with his sudden comment. We both turn around to face the runner who had just gotten back from the maze.

"When the shuck did you get here Minho?" I ask, trying to hold back a smile.

"Oh, I've been here the whole time, got back from the maze early. I saw you two shuckfaces over here and couldn't help but listen to your conversation."

"So you were eavesdropping, what exactly were you hoping to hear?" I ask.

"Oh, you know, I just thought that maybe you'd confess your undying love for me to Newt or something," Minho says with a grin. I look over at Newt, who is also grinning.

"Yeah right, in your dreams shank!"

"Well, anyway, I gotta go work on my maps. Bye Newt! Bye Princess," Minho winks and walks away. I smile and roll my eyes. Princess, Minho had given me that nickname shortly after I had arrived in the glade. The first time he ever called me that I was so flustered, I didn't know how to respond. Of course, Minho thought that was hilarious and now he says it all the time. It used to annoy me, but I have to admit, it's grown on me.

"Are you listening to anything I'm saying y/n?" Newt says, waving a hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, what?" I say, laughing a little.

"I was just saying how you and Minho are perfect for each other," he says.

"Oh yeah? Why's that?"

"Well you both are sarcastic and you guys flirt all the shucking time!" 

"What are you talking about? We do not!"

"You're really going to sit here and tell me that THAT was not flirting?" he says, pointing in the direction that Minho walked off towards.

"It wasn't! that's just how our friendship is."

"Y/n, that's flirting, I don't even care what you call it," Newt says as he puts an arm around my shoulders. "Minho totally has a crush on you."

"I think that's just how Minho is, you know? He has a very flirty personality," I say leaning my head on Newt's shoulder. 

"He likes you. Trust me." Newt stands up and extends his arm out to help me stand. I grab his hand and pull myself out of my seat. We walk away from the tables we were sitting at and all of a sudden I hear someone yelling out a long line of cuss words.

Gally.

"Y/n! we need you in the med hut. Now!" Someone yells, probably a builder.

"Gotta go Newt, I'll see you later," I say and make my way to the med hut. I walk in to find Gally sitting on one of the cots with bloody bandages wrapped around his hand. "Gally! What the shuck did you do, you idiot!"

"Will you shut up and look at my damn hand, please?" Gally says, clearly he's not in the mood for our usual banter. I sit beside him and unwrap the bandages.

"Yeah, you're gonna need stitches, Gal," I say as I get up to grab the proper supplies. "Hold still, okay?" he nods his head as I start stitching up the wound on his hand. 

After I finish giving Gally stitches, we both walk out of the med hut. "Now remember to come back to me, Clint, or Jeff to check on the stitches for the next couple of days. If that gets infected, you're not going to be happy."

"I am already not happy y/n," Gally says.

"Okay, then you're really not going to be happy," I say. I pat him on the back and run off to find Newt. After scanning the glade, I see him, sitting with Minho and Zart. I jog over to them and sit next to Newt. 

"Hey, how's Gally's hand?" asks Zart.

"Oh, it's fine. He needed some stitches but he took it pretty well. I wish those shuck builders would be more careful. Most of them are lucky to even still have hands!" I say, rolling my eyes.

We all laugh and chat for a while until we realize how late it is. "Alright, we should probably go to bed," Newt says while standing up. Minho stands up next and reaches out to me. I look up at him and smile and grab his hand. He pulls me up a little harder than I had anticipated and I end up falling into his chest.

"Oh my god, sorry Minho," I say with a laugh

"It's okay. Goodnight, princess," Minho says with a wink and walks away. I smile to myself as I walk to my hammock. Maybe he does like me.