Part 2

The next morning I wake up to Newt gently shaking my shoulder. "Y/n get up" he whispers. I stretch my arms out and arch my back while groaning.

"why" I mumble.

"Because it's morning time. Don't you want to get breakfast with the runners before all these other shanks get up?"

"Fine." I raise my arm and Newt grabs my hand and pulls me out of my hammock. We walk towards the eating area and I spot Minho and Ben at a table. I didn't think about the fact that Minho would be there too. So that's really why Newt woke me up, that little shank is trying to stir something up. We approach Frypan and he hands up each a bowl of some sort of oatmeal. "Thanks Fry!" I say as we walk away.

"Anytime shebean!" Frypan replies.

Newt and I walk to the table that Minho and Ben are sitting at. Of course, Newt takes the seat next to Ben, forcing me to sit next to Minho. I put my bowl on the table and sit down. "Well good morning sleepyhead," Minho says while turning his body towards mine. I give him a dirty look and flick him on the forehead. "ow!" he says, overdramatically.

"Good morning shuckface," I say, laughing at him. I look over at Newt and Ben who are both grinning. Newt raises his eyebrows at me and I roll my eyes.

"What are you doing up so early anyway, y/n?" Ben asks. Minho turns his head towards me and raises his eyebrows in curiosity.

"Well, Newt over here decided to wake me up so we could get breakfast before everyone gets up," I say.

"Oh, so it wasn't because you wanted to see me?"Minho asks

"No offense, but I'd much rather sleep than see you for ten extra minutes a day," I say and pat him on the shoulder.

"Wow, I see how it is," Minho says while pretending to stab himself in the heart.

"You are so dramatic, you know that?"

"I am not!"

"You so are," Newt says while laughing.

"Newt! You're not supposed to agree with her!" Minho whines.

"Oh, Sorry. Minho you are not dramatic at all. Is that better?" Newt teases

"Yes, much better," Minho says while crossing his arms. I roll my eyes and laugh at the two of them. "Well, we need to go, the doors are going to open in a couple of minutes." Ben and Minho start to get up and Minho looks down at me, "Wanna walk to the doors?" He says and flashes a smile. 

"Oh, I guess," I say jokingly and smile back at him. I stand up and we grab our bowls and bring them to Frypan so he can wash them. Newt winks at me as Minho and I walk away and I roll my eyes at him.

"So, you have any plans for the day?" Minho asks.

"Well, I'm a medjack, so no. However, I need to check on Gally's hand though and the new greenie is coming up today," I say.

"Oh yeah, I forgot that's today. That means there's a bonfire tonight!"

"Indeed it does, bonfire nights are the best nights," I say while smiling at him.

"You should sit with me tonight, at the bonfire," Minho says

"Okay, but you're gonna have to break the news to Newt that he lost his bonfire buddy," I say and we both laugh.

"I think Newt will survive," Minho says are we approach the doors. As if on cue, the doors start to rumble and slowly start opening.

"Be careful out there," I say and look up at him. We lock eyes for a couple of moments and he smiles.

"I always am," Minho kisses my forehead and takes off into the maze. At first, I was too stunned to even realize he had left. When I finally processed what had just happened Minho was already 15 or so feet in the Maze.

"Bye!" I shout and he waves as he turns the corner. I need to find Newt. I scan the glade and see that Newt has already gotten started on some garden work while the other gladers are getting up and eating. I run towards Newt, "Newt! Oh my god!"

Newt looks up and looks around, trying to see where my calls are coming from. "What?!" He says with a look of concern on his face. "What happened?" He says as I slow down and approach him. 

"Minho kissed me!" I say, out of breath from running over here. I put my hand out and lean against the trellis that Newt is picking vegetables from.

"WHAT!" Newt says, wide-eyed and smiling.

"Well, on the forehead. But still! He kissed me!"

"What exactly happened?" Newt asks while raising an eyebrow.

"We were talking about the bonfire tonight and then the doors started opening. I told him to be careful and then he said 'I always am' kissed my forehead and just took off into the maze before  I could even react."

"I told you he liked you," Newt says while grinning. "It's perfect that there's a bonfire tonight, you guys can talk then."

"Oh yeah, Minho asked me to sit with him tonight. I told him that'd he'd have to break the news that you're losing you're bonfire buddy."

"Hey, if it means that you two love birds can sit together then I am fine with it!"

"Oh shut up Newt!" I say while lightly smacking his arm. "Don't say anything to anyone, okay? I don't want these shanks knowing anything until I know where this is going to go."

"Trust me, I won't tell anyone about anything," Newt says with a smile.

"Thanks Newtie. I gotta go, but I'll see you later!" I say as I start jogging away.

"Bye, love!" Newt calls after me.

I start to slow down as I get closer to the med hut, thinking about the things I need to get done today. Gally's hand! I swiftly turn around to go find the shank so I can check on his hand. Naturally, Gally is with so builders, yelling as usual. I walk over to him and we make eye contact, he seems to already know why I am coming over because he starts walking towards me. 

"Hey shank," Gally says as he gets closer to me.

"Hi shuckface. Ready to get those bandages changed?"

"I guess," Gally says while rolling his eyes. He hates being injured, I think it's because he feels like it makes him weak. We walk into the med hut and he sits on a cot. I grab some rubbing alcohol, cotton pads, and a new roll of bandages. "Is this gonna hurt?" Gally asks as I put my supplies down.

"Probably a little, nothing you can't handle," I say. I unwrap the current bandage that is on his hand and inspect the stitches I had given in last night. "Well it looks good so far," I say, mostly to myself. I Grab a cotton pad and pour some alcohol on it, then I dab the wound and Gally winces. "Sorry," I mutter. He gives me a glare as I finish the cleaning. "Oh don't give me that attitude you big baby," I say and blow on the alcohol to make it dry faster.

"I am not a baby," Gally says under his breath

"Then stop looking at me like that," I say as I wrap the new bandage around his hand. Gally laughs a little and mutters an apology. "Okay Gally, you're good to go, but try not to use that hand for a few days, Okay?"

"I'm sure I'll be fine," Gally says while standing up, making him much taller than me.

"Gally I'm serious. If you pop open those stitches, I'll make it so you also need stitches in your skull. Got it?" I say looking up at him.

"Yes ma'am," Gally says as he mockingly salutes me. I laugh a little.

"Now, get outta here," I say and Gally leaves, leaving me alone with my thoughts. I'm nervous to see Minho tonight, but also excited? I try to shake off the thoughts by organizing the supplies and making room for anything new that comes in the box today. I have no idea where Clint and Jeff are, but I don't mind. The alone time is actually quite nice.

Then I hear the alarm of the box coming up.