Chapter 4

I woke up to knocking on the door. Shit, who the hell is that? Then there was a loud knock on my bedroom door. I got up and the door burst open.

'Open the fucking door'. He slapped the back of my head. I went downstairs and opened the door.

'Hopper'?! I went outside and closed the door. 'What the hell are you doing here? You can't be here, you need to leave like now'.

'Why? I just need your help on something'.

'So you came to my house, early in the fucking morning, while I'm still in my pajamas'?

'Yeah, I noticed that. Cute. But I still need your help at the library'.

'Fine but you need to leave'. I pushed him. 'I mean it, before you get killed'. I went back inside and shut the door.

'Who were you talking too'? My father asked.

'Womens'. I pushed past him and went to take a shower. The thought if Jim Hopper seeing me in my pajamas just embarrassed me more.

I got dressed and took Marc to school before calling up the clinic and riding to the library

I got dressed and took Marc to school before calling up the clinic and riding to the library. I have a feeling that I will spend all day here. I met with Jim and one other cop.

'What are we doing now? Standing out here'.

'You brought a feisty one, chief', the other cop said. I smiled and went inside.

'Hey, Marissa'. I frowned and looked at the librarian. 'How you doing'?

'You have a lot of nerve showing up here'.

'What'? I looked angrily between them. Him and her? No way, especially her.

'You could of at least called saying, "Marissa, hey, it's not going to work out, sorry I wasted your time, I'm a dick'.

'Yep, I'm sorry, uh, maybe we could go out again next week'. I slammed my hand on the table.

'Hey, I've come to help you here, Hopper not listen to your lovebird story', I said angrily.

'Right. Newspapers, you guys got newspapers around here'?

'No shit, Sherlock. They're right over here. They're in order so it should be easy to find what you're looking for'. They all looked at me. 'What? I came here a lot when I was a kid'.

'Okay, why don't you start with the Times and we'll do The Post'.

'Okay, Sherlock but what are we looking for'?

'We're looking for anything on the Hawkins National Laboratory'.

'Shouldn't you be looking for that missing kid'? Marissa asked. I looked at Jim.

'Yeah, we are'. I frowned.

I started looking over the Times. I wasn't exactly sure why we were looking for information on the Hawkins Lab but I couldn't be bothered asking. A piece of paper was pushed in front of my face on the table.