Thunderstorms and Colds

This story is angst with fluff at the end

Implied slowburn(they've known each other for multiple years, but where the story picks up is they day they get together)

(Adult) Human AU

Character(s): Wren, Circe, (a little bit of) Erin

Ship(s): WrenxCirce

TW(s): wlw/lesbian pairing, ignoring a sickness, fainting, heavy mentions of overworking oneself, (kind of) mutual pining/courting attempts, mentions of death of a father, the mother remarrying, really bad puns, mentions of cheating parent, mentions of homophobic parent, mentions of gay dads, spoilers for Big Hero Six->, mentions of Tadashi's death, kissing (with consent)

VERY LONG COMPARED TO MY OTHER STORIES

This was meant to be a short story but I got really into it.

-------------------------------

Wren's POV:

I love thunderstorms.  Everyone normally stays inside and we all watch movies.  On nights when the others became tired, I would stay up to finish the movie, while the others slept peacefully around me or headed up to bed.  That's why when I saw the forcast for the evening, I got really excited.  I go around and make sure we had enough snacks.  I check our streaming services for movies we might like.  

I find it strange that I haven't really seen anyone for the entire morning.  I figure Cassie, Erin and Cyerra went shopping.  Naomi, Theresa and Brynn always do their own thing.  But normally Circe would be up bright and early making breakfast or baking.

Circe being nowhere in sight worried me.  She's always been social.  I guess there is a chance she went shopping, but she hadn't made plans to do so when the group discussed last night over dinner.  Circe wouldn't leave without a trace, would she?

I walk around the entire downstairs of our shared house.  There is no note or anything, which she normally leaves on the table is she goes out.

I am starting to panic, and I decide to check her room.  The door is open a crack, so I open it further.  Circe is sitting on her bed, facing away from the door, staring out the window at the clouds in the distance.

Oh.  I forgot.  Circe's not a fan of thunderstorms.  The darkness and loud noises always put a damper on her normally chipper self.

I let myself in and sit next to her.  Without looking at me, she grabs my hand.

Circe's POV:

I can tell it's gonna storm.  Thunderstorms have always bothered me.  It's obvious by the way I flinch when I hear thunder.  And on top of that, I'm not feeling well.  Great.

I'm sitting on my bed staring out the window and debating whether to get up or go back to sleep.  I hear my door creak open, but I don't have the energy to turn around.  There's only one other person home right now, so I just assume it's Wren.

My bed dips down as I feel someone sit next to me.  I grab their hand.

"Hi," I croak out.  I'm surprised at how hoarse I sound.

"Hey," Wren says softly.  I clear my throat.

"What's up?"  I ask, trying to move on.

"I, uh" -they're careful with their words- "was wondering where you were..."