Chapter fourteen

I got a bit emotional writing this chapter... I hope I can pass these emotions to you... Three chapters left, enjoy.

--------------------------------

Sana was discharged from the hospital, all she needs is to rest and take a few vitamins. Momo and Jeongyeon tried to convince her to stay with them but she refused. She entered Chaeyoung's apartment and the house was all clean and tidied up. She rushed to their bedroom and opened the closet all she saw were hangers as he took all of his outfits.

She grabbed her phone and tried to call him but he wouldn't answer "where are you" she breathed while touching her tummy.

More than three weeks passed, and Sana refuses to leave the bedroom. She hugs Chaeyoung's pillow and inhales his perfume. It comforts her.

Meanwhile, Momo and Jeongyeon were at their house after a long day at work. The doorbell rang and Jeongyeon opened the door just to see a few delivery men.

"Mister Jeongyeon?" one of them asked and Jeongyeon nodded. The guy pointed at the boxes behind him "these are for you along with this envelope, I need you to sign here" he smiled as Jeongyen compiled "let's go men" he said and the men began carrying the boxes into the apartment.

Jeongyeon froze as the men carried the boxes and placed them in the kitchen. He opened the envelope and found two stacks of money with a letter. Momo stood beside her fiance, still shocked, just like him.

"You are surprised, right?

It was always hard for me to show my love or gratitude for someone. I made many mistakes in the past but I won't do more from now on. I know that you want to get married soon and settle down with Momo. Use that money for the wedding and go on a small vacation with her, you two deserve it." Jeongyeon got teary-eyed and looked at all the stuff Chaeyoung sent such as a refrigerator, microwave and more "you two are very precious to me but I didn't know how to express my feelings. Take care of my Sana as I become a real man that deserves her. I guess your punches were the ones that woke me up from my nightmare. I love you Jeongyeon. I love you Momo. - Son Chaeyoung."

Jeongyeon hugged Momo as they looked at their filled apartment.

Simultaneously, Sana was making some fried eggs when the doorbell rang.

"Miss Sana?" asked the postman and she nodded "this envelope is for you, please sign here"

Sana opened the envelope with shaking hands, she pulled out a black credit card along with a letter.

"My Sana... My love... You are the one that made me realise the beauty of life. ButI was a fool, but I know you will wait for me. While waiting, use this credit card to buy whatever you or the baby needs. My house, cars and money are all yours, and I promise I will come back when I am healed. I love you more than anything and everything I do, I do it for you."

Crying had always been a healthy release, but for Sana, it was a habit now. The blue feeling washed in like an unwanted wave, knocking her sandcastles flat. She sat and stared out of the window, more tears, no surprise there. She let them fall, not raising a hand to stop them. They splashed down onto the couch in a rain-like pattern and soaked in leaving dark splotches on the coffee coloured fabric. Taking a break from work was her final decision. Pregnancy and Cheyoung's absence were tiring her. She was blankly staring out of the window when the doorbell rang.

"Chaeyoung?" she said as she rushed to the door, she opened the door and gasped as she saw her parents standing in front of her. Her mom got teary-eyed as she hugged her daughter.

The three sat in the living room "wait, Chaeyoung visited you?" Sana questioned and her father nodded.

"A few weeks ago, a stranger visited us. He introduced himself and talked about you. We knew he is sincere and honest" he muted a bit "we weren't so happy when we knew you are pregnant but he told us that he will take his responsibility but he needs to study overseas for a while"

"He told us to come to you and stay by your side" her mom replied and smiled "we love you so much, my daughter"

Sana cried silently. She didn't know that Chaeyoung can be this thoughtful and caring. Her mom took her in her arms as she cried her heart out.

~~

Days passed faster now. Jeongyeon, Momo and her parents never left her side. Sana's tummy is getting bigger every week. Jeongyeon whined when he knew he lost the bet, he thought Sana was pregnant with a boy but no, Sana was pregnant with a healthy baby girl, and as Chaeyoung wished. She bought their daughter a bedroom using his money. She stood by the bedroom door, staring at the room she decorated. She walked in and sat on the rocking couch chair. She closed her eyes and reminisced about all the moments she had with Chaeyoung, hoping her daughter could feel how comfortable it felt.

Meanwhile

Meanwhile...

In one of the most famous rehab centres in South Korea. Chaeyoung was in the music room. His hair got longer while he got thinner as the treatment was harder than he thought. He was finally allowed to leave his room for a while. He walked around in the big centre and stopped by a piano. He sat on the chair and played his favourite piece (I put it in the chapter's icon/link).

He discovered that the piano is how his soul is given a voice, how it seeks to connect, to communicate the truth of being human. He wished that Sana could feel him right now. He closed his eyes and peace filled the room as soon as his fingers touched the black and white keys.

Flashback - a few weeks ago

Chaeyoung woke up first. He kissed Sana's head before he headed to the piano. The latter woke up a few seconds later, she smiled upon hearing the soft sound of the piano filling the house, even though Chaeyoung was making a few mistakes as he was a beginner. She walked to the sound source.

"Good morning" she smiled as she kissed his cheek. Sana straddled his lap. She looked into his eyes as his fingers automatically played Justin Hurwitz's most famous piece.

She made a sad face and pouted as the sad music touched her heart. Chaeyoung didn't make any mistake as he stared into Sana's loving eyes, they always take him to another world.

But right now, it didn't feel the same... Even though he played the same piece, it wasn't the same... Something was missing and that thing was his love... Sana.

To be continued...