XXIII

~Art made by me, sorry if it's too dark~

~ ♪ It's back ♪

Charli and Camila waited for the others to come back from prison since the kids destroyed private property, the girls heard the door open as the kids went inside. Trevor went upstairs while Phoebe and Callie argued.

"Don't you think your father came out here for a reason?" Phoebe questioned her mother.

"No. I think he was a sad old man who turned his back on his family, his partners," Callie replied.

"Callie!" Charli cried out.

"And for what? For a stupid farm in a town nobody cares about. Where, by the way, everybody thought he was nuts. Yeah, great decision, Dad."

"He was special. He loved science, like me and grandma." Charli smiled at Phoebe.

"Hey, I'm glad you found yourself here. I really am. But all I see are reminders that I didn't mean a thing to him. He never cared about me."

"He's not nuts!"

"Well, then he's an asshole."

"Callie, that's enough!" Charli slammed her fist on the post, Phoebe walk upstairs. Charli look at her daughter, "You have no idea how disappointed I am with you." Charli said.

"Said the one who's stand up to someone who abandoned us."

"I was angry at your father, too! But I couldn't stay mad at him forever."

"He didn't care about you or me."

"That's not true," Charli's eyes filled with tears, "He'd loved you, the both of us. When you came into the world, he'd loved you and promise not to let anything happen to me or you."

Callie cross her arms, "Well that was his mistake."

"You know my mistake is?" Charli sniffled, "Raising a disrespectful daughter." She stormed upstairs and close her room door and just cried her eyes out.

"Egon," She whimpered through tears, "I missed you so much. I wish you were here."

Then she felt something stroke her tears away and a hand placed on her shoulder, she look up to see a drawer open. She stand up and walk over to the drawer where a picture was lying, she picked it up and smiled.

It was her and Egon on prom night, she was wearing a dark blue dress with her hair braided wearing a flower corsage. While Egon was wearing a suit with a flower pin, it was that night where she fell in love with him.

~~~

The next morning Charli was walking outside her room, where a door opens. She walks over to the room and open it, it was Egon's room.

She walk inside to see and unmade bed, papers everywhere, and blueprints, she smiled and stroke the dresser and sat on the bed then picked up another picture that's next to the bed. It was their wedding day when Charli was a month pregnant with Callie, she smiled and stroke the picture.

What she didn't know was a black mist flowing down the walls and into the floor, as a vague creature manifested behind her before vanishing. She then heard it...that same growl and voice since '84, "Chosen one."

Oh no, please she thought, she turn to see no one behind her. But the voice keeps repeating that same sentence.

"You"
"Are"
"The"
"Chosen One!"

Then the black mist manifested into no other than Clarimond, The Procter spread its wing out and let out a shrill scream and pounced onto Charli. Charli scream and tried to get Clarimond off of her but she was paralyzed, Clarimond smirked and licked Charli's throat and said "Your mine, Chosen one."

"Like hell I am!" Charli kicked Clarimond off of her who let out a whimper as Charli ran downstairs to see Callie sitting on the worn armchair, "Callie, sweetie, are you alright?"

No answer.

Charli walk closer to her daughter, "Callie?"

"There is no Callie, only Zuul!"

Charli's eyes widen, Callie turns to her mother with fiery red eyes. She then felt something wrapped around her waist and pulled her to the floor, the possessed Callie got up and crawled over to Charli then stroke her cheek. "You are The Protector!" Zuul growled, she look up to see Clarimond walk downstairs and said "Mine! Chosen one!" and lunged at her.

Charli screamed and tried to move, but once again was paralyzed. After a few minutes, Zuul watches as Charli eyes open as her glasses turned to ashes and was replaced by Clarimond's amber eyes.

"You are The Protecter!"

"I am The Protector!"

A/N: I went back and forth on this chapter if Charli should be possessed again or not, you already know what I chose.