𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐎𝐧𝐞: 𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘈𝘵 𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘚𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

Amarendra Baahubali's gaze was fixed on the palanquin that had been gently placed on the ground. Amarendra tried to study the face of the female inside, the pale translucent curtain showing a glimpse of the beauty seated within.

Suddenly, noise erupted all around. The rustling of leaves sounded abruptly before screams of terror began, breaking the Mahishmati's Crown Prince's trance. Kattappa, a servant to the throne and a father figure to Amarendra said,

"It's some bandits. These are soldiers in disguise to nab them. We do not have to strain ourselves"

Amarendra nodded before returning his attention onto the palanquin, where a few bandits were headed. In a swift second, the curtain was whisked away, only the emptiness within visible. The Princess was up on her feet, the curtain in full motion, controlled by her. The bandits ran towards her, trying to reach the female.

All of a sudden, in a swift motion, a sword cut through right into the chest of one of the bandits. A large slice was made through the translucent material, revealing a set of fiery, piercing, dark eyes. Amarendra Baahubali was stunned, and another cut was made, showing soft, pink lips and before he knew it, the bandits were swept off their feet by the ferocious beauty.

She wielded her sword like lightning, taking down the men. Amarendra couldn't take his eyes off her; his uncle Kattappa's words never reached his ears, earning a knowing smile from Kattappa.

Amarendra Baahubali had fallen in love.

***

Amarendra wanted to win the Princess's heart, and in order to do so, he pretended to play an act. He acted as if he couldn't do any task correctly.

As he lifted the sword to strike the wooden log as Kumara Varma had instructed, Amarendra deliberately held it wrong. He smacked the flat side of the sword.

"You won't be able to do this, nephew." Kattappa said, adding his dramatics to the act. Amarendra's heart jumped as he saw Princess Devasena giggle at his actions, before walking inside like the others.

As Amarendra's eyes trailed after the Princess of Kuntala, he forgot to remove his hand from the sword, resulting in Kumara Varma slicing the wooden log completely in half. This surprised everyone, and Kattappa buttered up the situation making it look as if Kumara Varma had indeed done so. Devasena and her handmaidens were left stumped as they had rushed back out to see the commotion.

***

The Queen Mother of Mahishmati, Sivagami Devi, was slightly surprised but happy nonetheless, receiving a letter from her son, Baahubali.

Dear Mother,

I hope you are keeping well. Uncle Kattappa and I have enjoyed touring the kingdom, which has brought us to the Kingdom of Kuntala. It is very beautiful here.

Maa, the reason I am writing this letter to you is regarding the topic of my marriage. I am aware you have been on the search for the ideal spouse for me. I wanted to inform you that I have fallen in love.

I am in love with Kuntala Kingdom's, Princess Devasena. Never before have I witnessed a female such as her before. She wields a sword so fiercely. She holds herself with pride, authority and grace. There are countless words to describe her. I have never witnessed a beauty such as her before.

I have sent her portrait for you to look at her too. Maa, I would like her to become my wife.

I hope you do not object to my choice.

Your son,

Amarendra

Sivagami Devi's eyes were full of joy, her heart swelled in happiness.

Her son had found love.

Sivagami unrolled the portrait that was sent alongside the letter, to reveal a majestic female. She was left speechless, as her eyes trailed across the Princess.

Such grace, such pride, such a fire within her eyes.

Such beauty.

Sivagami Devi smiled broadly as she had made her decision.

Princess Devasena would become Amarendra Baahubali's wife.

Hello all!

I hope you enjoyed the start to the story, and happy five years of Baahubali 2!