five

agatha

agatha

The loud thunder erupted throughout the whole house, strong enough to shake the building. The wind was hitting the windows so hard it was like they were going to shatter. Tree branches were hitting the sides of the house, breaking off and flying around.

Harper sat on Rafe's bed as she waited for him to finishing showering. Her legs were curled up to her chest and she slightly rocked forward and back. The girl was terrified of storms, even the smallest crack of thunder. The intense hurricane that was occurring outside the walls of Tannyhill was close to sending Harper into a panic attack.

Inside the bathroom, Rafe showered as quick as he could, knowing the girl out in his room was scared. In three minutes, he showered and changed before rushing out to Harper.

He saw her sitting on his bed with her head resting on her knees as she continued to rock forward and back. There was a slight pain that stung in Rafe's chest from seeing his best friend in a terrified state.

"Hey, Harp," Rafe hummed, taking a seat next to the girl, "It's okay. I'm here." His reassuring words gave Harper enough courage to look up at the boy. But as soon as the dim light of the room hit her eyes, the loud thud of a tree falling outside filled the room.

Harper yelped at the loud sound and squeezed her eyes shut as Rafe pulled her into a tight hug. He hoped that the pressure of his firm grip would give Harper something else to think of, essentially calming her nerves.

Rafe used one hand to turn on the television, putting on The Notebook, knowing it was Harper's favorite. Turning the volume on high, the girl began to ease as the loud surround-sound blocked out the noise from the storm outside.

Within twenty minutes, Harper fell asleep in Rafe's arms, her forehead scrunched and her eyes still squeezed shut. He knew that she was having a bad dream, but decided on not waking her, worried that she wouldn't fall back asleep if he did.

Rafe closed his eyes and attempted to fall asleep himself. After awhile, sleep took over the Cameron boy and the two laid wrapped in each other's arms.

The night went on, slowly turning to dawn, with the sun waking Harper up. She slowly sat up in the bed, feeling as if she was drowned in her own sweat. Looking beside her, she saw Rafe who was also drenched in sweat.

"Wake up," she groaned at the boy, disgusted by her current state. Harper got up from her place on the bed, walking towards the bathroom. When the lights failed to turn on, Harper groaned once again, "Powers out," she said to Rafe who was barely awake.

"No wonder why I'm sweating so much," he sighed, looking down at his once light grey shirt that now consisted of dark grey splotches.

Harper decided on taking a shower in the dark bathroom, wanting to feel clean. She closed the door and turned on the water before stripping out of her clothes. She felt around the shower, letting her hands guide her around.