Chapter Five

Katya was so pleased that she had taken overtime the week before. She didn't know what she would've done if she would have had the opportunity to think about everything that had happened. Probably a lot of staring at her phone, a bunch of crying and ultimately breaking down and calling Ollie. She didn't trust herself not to. At least at work the worst she could do was sneak a look at her notifications behind the clothing racks every once in a while when Mara wasn't following her like the slithery snake that she was. She tapped in her password to unlock her phone hoping and yet dreading a message from Ollie.

Her stomach tied in knots,there were two texts from Ollie. One from last night after he had supposedly gotten off work and the other enquiring if she was okay as he hadn't been able to get into contact with her. she scoffed. Her notifications told her that there were two missed calls from him also. The only joy that she was getting out of the situation was her thinking to herself that he was probably so confused as to where she was, as there hadn't been a time within the last six months that they hadn't gone more than a couple of hours without texting.

The last notification that she had was from her Dad surprisingly, with the single sentence reading. "Hey hun, Do you have £30 I could borrow until payday." She sighed and locked her phone again. Not so surprising after all.

The 8 hours that Katya spent at work felt like an eternity, a never-ending torture that everybody else was oblivious too as she suffered the weight of everything that had gone on the past 24 hours consuming her body, So by the time she finished work she felt a shell of her previous self. A listless body dragging around her own flesh and bones. 

She checker her phone again. Another text from Ollie. "Hey, I'm starting to worry about you! Just let me know that you've got my message!xxx" He didn't look so worried when he was playing happy families the day before, she thought to herself as the angry tears threatened to spill over her water line. She had to take two deep breathes just to not call him straight away. No, she needed to plan how she was going to confront him. 

"I wonder if she knows about me." Katya texted Lena laying in a scorching hot bath after she returned from work.

The dots indicating that Lena was replying popped straight up with Lena furiously typing. "She'd be a twat to have his kid if she did." 

"well, you know. Some people are into that. Polyamory is it called?" Just as she sent the message Ollie started to phone her. She watched his caller ID almost in a trance until Lena's reply shocked her back into reality and she declined his phone call. 

"Sounds like a way for the geeza to get his own way if you ask me. Wouldn't he have told you though if he wanted to have a bunch of consensual girlfriends." She chucked her phone onto the bath towel she had chucked on the floor and submerged her body under the searing water until just the top of her face was protruding from the water. she paused for a brief moment and then dived her whole face under, holding her breathe for as long as she could until she had to chuck herself up gasping. How dramatic she thought.

In the time it had taken for Katya to finish washing her hair, get out of the bath and dressed she had 5 missed calls from Ollie and three texts. 

"I know you're receiving my messages."

"WHAT IS GOING ON PICK UP NOW!!!" 

"I'M HEADING OVER TO YOURS NOW!!!"

oh God. Her heart dropped. Seeing Ollie was the last thing that she wanted to do that evening and she hadn't even come up with a game plan with Lena yet on how to handle the situation. She checked what time the message was sent. *17 minutes ago*. It was only a 15 minute drive from his flat to hers and her heart dropped when she realized that there was a chance that he was nearly at hers house.  She perched on the edge of the bed clutching the bed frame with knuckles  white from gripping the wood so hard, her arms full of goosebumps and her whole body shaking full of adrenaline. 

The next couple of minutes felt like a lifetime before a furious pounding on the door emanated throughout her room and she felt her heart sink.

"Katya! I know you're in here. Spike let me in and he said he saw you come home from work. Let me IN!" Ollie yelled. 

Katya stood on the other side of the door willing herself not to make a noise but her breathes were noisy and shaky. 

"I'm not leaving until I talk to you. What the FUCK is going on."

With shaky hands Katya put her key in the lock and turned it. Her hand hovering over the top of the handle for a brief moment before she got the guts to open the door. She stood bolder than she felt inside and looked him dead in the eye. 

"I think that we need to talk!" She told him coldly.