Introduction

"Can you hear it?"
  "Hear what?
  "Hear the voices? They're crying."
  "I don't hear anything."
  "How? They're so loud." Falls onto knees and clutches head
   "Please make it stop!"
   "Babe, it's all in your head. You need to let go."
   "I can't. It hurts so much."
   "I know love, but the only way to fly is to fall."

    So I did. I let go and allowed myself to fall. I trusted him to catch me before I hit the ground, but neither him or the ground touched me. As if turned out, he was right, sometimes you do need to fall in order to fly. However, that was the last time I saw him, the man that swore he loved me. I would later find out that not all were ment to reach the sky, and like Icarus he truly fell. He was not the Icarus of this story though, I was, and he was the sun. I got too close and he melted the very was that held me together. I didn't drown in a sea of turbulent thoughts or emotions though, instead I rose with the waves and let the tide lead me ashore. I am Icarus. Named after the son of Daedalus, maker of the labyrinth, I will not allow myself to suffer his fate. My wings are not made of wax and old feathers, but of bone, skin, and new plumage. I am only one of many, and we all want to have normal lives, lives outside of the Olympus Experiments.

(AN: hey trying to get into sharing my work more, so let me know what you think. Jax out)