𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

he'd seen the pictures all over the front covers of the papers, digital and physical.

'manchester united women superstar with a new man.'

'marcus rashford's ex has new boyfriend.'

'manchester united scandal - marcus rashford now single!'

even though he knew it to be true, he couldn't believe it. the news shocked the man to the core, leaving him breathless and unsure what to do.

as with any issue, he'd refer to grace.

and he can't go to her anymore.

his brothers paid him a visit the other day, to comfort him, as they knew mentally he wouldn't have been in the best place. fortunately, they came together and took his mind off of things for a couple of hours.

his united teammates and england internationals were all so supportive of him, offering acts of service and comfort to try and get him back on two feet.

those two feet, however, were never the most stable. in some way or another, another person would two-foot him and he'd soon be back to square one.

"marcus, man, are you okay?" jadon asked, walking over to the lone mancunian in the cafeteria.

"what do you think? surely you've seen the headlines," he grumbled, picking at his fingernails.

"yes, i have. aww, rashy. we need to get you back on the right track. we need a fifa night, beers, dominos, you know. let out the anger type shit."

"when though?"

"saturday?"

"yeah, i guess."

"oh, you legend! right. be at mine for 7. i love you, man,"

"love you too, mate."

SATURDAY, 7:03 pm

"yo! good to see you out man." jadon greeted, doing his handshake with marcus.

"suppose it's good for a change of scenery," he sighed heavily, entering the front room.

"right, i'm thinking career mode and scam the shit out of city and liverpool. i'm sure i've seen something somewhere where you can buy erling haaland for a quid. we'll have to test it out. oh, and we can chill and talk, obviously."

"alright, then. pass me the blue controller, that ones better,"

"piss off! my house, my rules. you can have this one."

"i thought this was to make me feel better? you telling me to piss off doesn't help me," he laughed, quickly snatching the best controller before sitting himself down on a bean bag.

"fine. you're lucky i love you, you know. honestly," jadon shook his head, loading up the game.

the two talked and talked for the whole night. marcus was positive he had never heard jadon talk so much in his life, and that was saying something. luckily, jadon's plan had worked, as it let marcus take his mind off of grace and everything that came with the new boyfriend.

but the thought would soon come back to him, all too well.