Under the Moon of Love

Sunday, 7th of April 1995

Having experienced a family party with the company of her friends, it felt a little deflating to be descending the staircase towards the Great Hall completely alone. It was for the greater good, of course, her Dad's birthday was always the most boring of them all. She had chosen to wear a long sleeved, mid-length yellow dress, preferring to save her more exciting dresses for more exciting occasions.

Still, she was glad to be seeing her family. After all, she had been so worked up and anxious lately, she knew seeing her parents and siblings would only be a good thing for her.

She entered the Hall, to find that she was, unsurprisingly, the last to arrive. Her Dad's birthday was always the same, he didn't enjoy a party, and therefore they simply had a meal. It didn't last as long, which was a blessing, especially when the following day was a school day. She found that the only remaining seat was between Alexander and Charlie, which she was grateful for, as there was never a dull moment with either of them.

"Gosh, someone has grown!" Ariana approached her youngest niece before any other members of her family, and she grinned as the two-year-old spun in Josephine's lap to see who it was talking to her.

"Oh... No Meanie," A pout formed on little Amy's face, and Ariana felt her smile fall from her face.

"No, no Meanie today," Ariana rubbed her finger across Amy's chubby little cheek, wishing that one of the children in her family would pick her as their favourite person.

"Uncle Wonnie?" Amy asked, clapping her hands in anticipation, and it took all of Ariana's willpower not to turn around and smack Charlie upside his head, she could hear him chuckling behind her.

"Not today, sweetheart. Auntie Ari is here, though!" Ariana tried to make herself seem a bit exciting, but Amy simply wasn't having it, turning away to continue playing with Josephine's napkin.

"I'm happy to see you, Ana," Josephine smiled at her little sister, but it was clear she too was trying to hold back laughter.

"Oh shut up, Josie," Ariana muttered, hoping it was quiet enough for Amy not to hear her. She was wrong.

"Yeah Mummy, shut up!" Amy copied Ariana, who ran away before Josephine could blow her head off.

"Are you poorly influencing my child again, Dumbledore?" Charlie smirked at her, as he stood to give her a hug.

"What's it to you, Weasley?" She responded, before turning to hug her big brother.

"Good year so far?" Alexander asked her, and she shrugged.

"Just the usual, Harry having more near death experiences," Ariana laughed, sitting down, but anyone could sense the tension in her voice, she wasn't entirely joking.

"And wouldn't that be a shame for you," Charlie said, a hint of humour to his voice which confused her.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ariana asked, a frown on her face.

"Oh, nothing," Charlie's eyes held a glint in them that Ariana knew all too well, because the youngest Weasley boys eyes held the same look whenever he was trying to hide something from her.

"What do you know that I don't know?" Ariana was immediately onto him, and Charlie had to admit he was quite impressed.

"I know nothing, and if I did, I certainly wouldn't tell you," Charlie sat back in his chair, taking a swig from his champagne flute, before grimacing at the flavour, "God that's rank,"

"Rank!" A small voice could be heard from the seat beside him, and Ariana was glad she wasn't the only one being a poor influence on Amy.

"Will you all stop making her say stupid things!" Josephine was cracking, and Charlie turned to help.

"What is it you were talking about there? Even I noticed you were being strange," Josephine whispered into Charlie's ear as he bent down to tend to Amy.

"None of your business," He rapidly responded, and she scoffed.

"She's my baby sister, it is always my business," She retorted, and he had to admit if it was Ron, he would want to know.

"I got a letter from Ron the other day, about Harry," He mumbled, praying that Ariana couldn't make out what he was saying under his breath.

"What about him?" Josephine questioned, her eyes lighting up. It was in the Dumbledore's bloodstream to enjoy drama. They inherited it from Albus.

"He's in love," Charlie said, hoping he wouldn't have to confirm with whom Harry was infatuated with.

"Oh, LOVE!" Josephine might as well have climbed up on the table, grabbed a megaphone and told everyone in the Hall what they had been discussing.

"What?" They both jumped at the sound of Ariana's voice interrupting them, confusion etched onto her face as she did so.

"Nothing!" They both responded at the same time, which did absolutely nothing to lessen the suspicion.

"I hate you both," Thankfully, she let it go and engaged in a conversation with Arabella, and Charlie was able to lean over and whisper quieter than ever.

"Who do you think Harry Potter could possibly be in love with?"