Dance in the rain

Sitting alone at the usual cafe, Noé questioned if he had pushed him away...

What if...

Vanitas didn't return... avoided him during classes...

Had he already ruined what could have been?

Even when they had no classes on a day, they still met here at the routine time.

Before Noé could overthink anything else, somebody slipped into the chair in front of him.

He looked up, evident shock across his face.

"What? Do you think I'd abandon a lost chaton? You'd end up picked up from the streets by somebody else... that wouldn't be right." Vanitas hummed and leaned over the table.

Noé smiled softly, before he fidgeted with the rim of his coat. "I wanted to-"

"Je suis désolé." Vanitas mumbled, his chin on his fist so it came out mushed, his face looking ticked off as he tapped a finger to the table.

Noé burst out laughing, apologizing as he laughed, unable to tear his eyes away from the sight of annoyance on Vanitas' face as he waited for Noé to calm himself.

However, he began to chuckle long before that happened... the pleasant sight of Noé looking so free and joyful, sinking and wrapping around his heart, making him feel so jittery and light. His cheeks were slowly turning pink, forcing him to look away. "Hey! That movie is still showing Vanitas, why don't we see that tonight?"

"Sure... wait... do you even know how to purchase tickets on your phone?" Noé shook his head fishing for a card, but Vanitas had it covered, buying tickets faster than Noé could fish his wallet out from his pockets. "It's for 16:30... we'll meet here at 15:00. Don't be late."

"Understood!"

When they separated, Vanitas placed a hand on his chest, hearing nothing but the rapid pulsing rhythm of his heart.

Perhaps...

Perhaps...

Just perhaps...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

This was...

Love.

Had he...

For the strange male?

It was certainly odd...

But it felt so right...

To think about how the sun reflecting on Noé during sunset made him look radiant... how his laugh was adorable, and his airheaded personality that came with a serious side was interesting but delightful...

To think about how his lips were shaped perfectly and appeared soft. How the way he smiled so sweetly was like watching a carefully plotted scene in a movie.

When the time came for the meet-up, Vanitas stood outside, staring up at the clouds, the sun hidden behind a darkening sky. "Did you bring an umbrella with you?" Vanitas turned to the voice, shaking his head as he admired the way the wind perfectly blew Noé's hair. Focused on how his umbrella clung to the belt that closed the coat around him, how it made his waist defined... he looked away when he noted his thoughts were trailing in the wrong direction.