5 - odd

I traveled back to the cavern and gathered my things. Techno was waiting at a table in the main area. The area was dimly lit. A single lantern was placed on the table, illuminating the journal he was writing with.

"And where have you been, young lady?" Techno grumbled monotonously, not bothering to look up from his journal. He was very clearly pissed. His brows were knotted and furrowed.

I sighed and took a seat across the table from him.. "I went to see Fundy. I'm going back home now. I can't stand this place." I was annoyed. Schlatt had interrupted my time with my brother. The one thing I had been looking forward to this whole time. Fundy didn't even know who I was. I want that back. I want my brother back. I need him back.

Techno stood up and walked over to me, pressing his palms into the table and taking a deep breath. "I-" He paused and sighed. He took a seat beside me and stared at me sadly. He grasped one of my hands. "You're just leaving? Let me at least walk you home. That's way too far for you to be walking by yourself."

I gave him a smile to reassure him. "I'll be fine, Tech. I'll send you a message when I get home." I tapped my communicator as emphasis.

"Fine." He grunted. He pulled me into a hug. "Send me your coordinates if you're in any danger."

"I will." I assured him, hugging him back tightly. "Bye, Tech."

"Bye, kid." He ruffled my hair as I swatted his hands away and ran towards the door. I gave him one last goofy smile and saluted as I exited the cavern, stepping into the soft grass and turning to start back in the same direction we had come from.

Techno wasn't wrong. The trip was a long one.

Luckily I had a compass and knew somewhat where I was going based on how we had gotten here.

My main issue was that it was almost midnight and I was tired. I didn't want to stop and camp for the night. I'd die thanks to the mobs.

"What's a pretty little thing like you doing out so late at night?"

I jumped and aimlessly swung my sword at the man that had suddenly appeared at my side. He grabbed my sword effortlessly and twisted it out of my grip.

"Now that's not a nice way to greet someone, is it?" He grinned. His smile poked out from beneath his white smiley face mask.

"Who- who are you?" I asked, suddenly nervous.

"Dream. Now, I know everyone who lives here. Yet you're a mystery to me. Who might you be?" Dream said, picking up my sword and handing it to me.

I gripped my sword and looked at him curiously. "Anna. Anna Soot."

He nodded, chuckling a little. "Now that makes sense. I should've guessed that from the resemblance. You look like a carbon copy of Wilbur. What, are you his sister or something?"

"His daughter." I muttered.

His mouth parted in shock before twitching back into his grin. "Ah ok. So you're young?"

"I'm 19." I told him, looking down at my feet. My combat books were covered in dirt and mud. I'd have to clean them when I got home.

"Interesting. Now, where might Wilbur be?" He asked, bouncing on his toes.

I jerked a thumb back towards the mountain side. "He's hiding out in a cavern."

"Thanks, princess." He smiled softly. "See you around!" He darted off into the trees. The complete opposite direction of where I had told him.

He was an odd fellow.

A/n: shortest chapter woooooooo