Prom

Alfred sat alone in the library, making his plans. He wanted to ask Arthur to prom, but he wanted to make it super special! What was something Arthur liked? Puzzles? Mysteries? Yes, that was it! A mystery puzzle type thing! I would be awesome!

He got out 7 sheets of paper and colored each one delicately and intricately. Each one had one letter of "will you go to prom with me?"

He scattered them up and posted different ones around the school. Since it was after school hours, it was pretty much him, Arthur (for his book club), and a few other club members who wouldn't be wandering the halls.

Alfred aimlessly wandered the hall waiting for Arthur to use the bathroom or something and guarding his signs from other students or worst case, teachers.

Finally it looked like Arthur had to do something, because he went down the hall and towards the library. Alfred walked inconspicuously on the other side of the hall and waited for Arthur to read a sign.

Before passing it, Arthur found the "you" sign. Overtaken by curiosity, he plucked it off the wall and went to look for the other pieces to the puzzle.

Near the bathroom in the next hallway over, was the "with" sign. Arthur collected it and moved on. He found the next piece in the main hallway by the main office. The "will" sign.

Alfred kept popping in and out of doors to remain unsuspicous. Near Mr. Bonneyfoy's room was the "to" sign. Arthur had a feeling he knew what was going on, but he wanted to complete the puzzle. Nevertheless, he knew it was Alfred. He wasn't very good at being inconspicuous.

Outside the boy's locker room was the "go" sign. Arthur added it to his collection and continued to amuse Alfred. He decided to search near the library. As suspected, the "prom" sign was posted on one of the glass doors. It was by far the most intricate. It had their school's colors and it had little streamers and balloons. It had pictures of boys and girls in prom attire and hearts and stars.

When Arthur plucked it from the door, he noticed something in the library. Alfred was standing right there in the middle, holding the "me?" sign. From outside the glass Arthur could see a picture of Alfred on it and Alfred himself with a hopeful smile on his face. Obviously, he was proud of himself.

Arthur entered the musty library with books scattered everywhere and dropped the papers on the nearest table. Then, he hugged Alfred, his sign still in hand. Arthur then accepted it and put all the pieces in order on the table.

"Whatcha think?" Alfred asked.

"Very creative. And decorative." Arthur commented.

"Thanks! So...?"

"So...?" Arthur inquired, yanking Alfred's chain.

"What's your answer?!" Alfred said impatiently. He had always been this way.

"Hmm. Let me think... sure." Arthur tried to reply nonchalantly. Failing, he let a goofy smile show. "Yes, of course, Alfred."

"Yay! I call wearing the tux!" Alfred shouted.

"Who said anything about one of us wearing a dress?!?!" Arthur shouted back.

"Shhh!" The librarian said, passing them. Arthur just noticed how weird that sounded.

~prom night~

That evening, Alfred picked Arthur up in this cliché limo and despite Alfred's protests, Arthur was wearing a black tux. They both were, wearing matching green ties.

They arrived at the school just in time, handed in their tickets, and made their way into the gym hand in hand. Of course, people stared and gave funny looks, but neither cared. They were determined to make this a night to remember. A good memory, nonetheless.

They talked to a few people. People in Arthur's reading club and people on the football team with Alfred. But mostly, they kept to themselves, dancing when the appropriate song came on and getting snacks and drinks when necessary.

As fate would have it, the punch was spiked. By the end of the night, Alfred and Arthur had gone back to Alfred's place and that's all they could remember.

~the next morning~

Alfred woke up on his couch, still in his tux though he hadn't noticed that yet. "Shit, did we...?", he thought. He looked at Arthur, under a blanket sleeping on the recliner. Everything felt okay and he was dressed, so he concluded that as a no. He sighed in relief and Arthur began to squirm.

He checked his phone for any memorabilia from last night as Arthur made his way to use the bathroom. As soon as he closed the door, Alfred heard, "ALFRED!"

"Yes?" He replied.

Arthur stormed into the living room. "Why the hell am I in makeup and a dress!?" He asked furiously.

"Hell if I know. I can't remember anything from last night." Alfred stated.

"Me either."

That's when Alfred got a call from Gilbert. "Yo, Alfred. You found that money yet?" He asked.

"Wait, Gil, you remember what happened last night?"

"Oh sure. Me and Antonio spiked the punch and then it was really hilarious. You bet me $20 I couldn't get your little brother to go on a date with me and I got him to."

"Woah, Mattie?! Where is he?"

"Sleeping safe and sound on my couch. Nothing happened, Alfred. I can assure you, he is fine."

"Okay then. Be good to him." Alfred said.

"Wait! Why am I in a dress and makeup?" Arthur asked.

"Alfred got Elizabeta to do it. You seemed more than happy to comply. Kesesese~"

"Damn you..." He whispered to Alfred.

"Hehe sorry. You look nice though." Alfred complimented.

"Flattery won't get you anywhere." Arthur said while blushing.

"I should go now. Don't forget the money, Alfred!" Gilbert chirped before hanging up.

"You're helping me take this off." Arthur stated before walking towards the bathroom.

"The makeup or the dress?" Alfred asked with a smirk.

"Both."

A/n: Hey! Hope you enjoyed! Just to let you guys know, I might not be updating as frequently because I have exams coming up and studying is a must, unfortunately. Anyways they're sure to come! I love these children too much! ^_^