34.

Hazel Fenty

Hazel Fenty

prom night 2020

The hour had come and it was showtime. I had just gotten out the shower. The air was cool bringing forth goosebumps to my skin. I quickly headed back in my room to moisturize. I decided to wear Bashar's favorite Bath and Body works perfume and lotion combo. He loved this scent and so did I.

"Hazel! We're home!" My mother shouted, from downstairs. I heard bags and the front door close. Then there were footsteps coming up the steps then down the hall. I quickly put on my bra and panties, then wrapped my robe around me. My mom knocked before entering.

"Hey my Hazelnut." She smiled, walking over.

"Hi, momma." I cheesed, as I helped her sit on the bed.

"What time you leaving?" She asked, rubbing her swollen belly.

"Eight. You know black people are never on time for anything." I chuckled.

"That is true. That is such a pretty dress. I still can't believe Bashar paid for it. Two thousand dollars is very expensive for a dress." Momma said, as we both stared at the dress on the mannequin.

"Me either but I'm not complaining. That's me saving money and him spoiling me." I shrugged. I appreciated him buying me this dress even though I begged him not to. I had the money.

"How are the babies?" I asked. referring to the twins swimming around in there. Yes, I would have a twin brother and sister. It was crazy and momma had there names already picked up.

"They're good. I wouldn't be surprised if they came tonight. I've been in so much pain lately." Mom admitted, holding her side.

"Do you think you need to go to the hospital? I can tell-"

"You are not missing prom!" She said, popping my hand. Well then.

"Momma, they are more important than prom." I argued.

"Baby, it's alright. I got 'ya daddy just incase something happens." She nudged. I mentally rolled my eyes. Good luck with that one.

I sighed looking over at the time. It was 7:22 PM, and I needed to get ready. My makeup was already done, and I just needed to take my hair out my bonnet. "You need help pumpkin?" Momma asked, trying to help me but I told her I was fine. I took a hanger and used the hooked piece to lock in the whole of the zipper and pulled it up.

"I would've never thought of that." Momma replied, giving me a satisfied look. I smiled not really having a comeback to say.

As I buckled my heels the bedroom door opened. "Hey girl, oh my god you look gorgeous!" Ginger shrieked, walking over looking just as scrumptious.

"That's all you." I retorted.

"You both look wonderful." Momma butted in. "Ou I need to go get my camera. Help 'ya momma up Ha." I did as instructed helping my mom off the bed.