Chapter 1: The new forbidden isle

Mai's pov:

Well I guess I may be talking a bit too much but I like to keep myself busy and this is how I usually do it. We walked outside after having our drinks, we saw our friends just waiting for us outside and what do you know just rin's brothers outside waiting for us to see the fireworks they were gonna start tonight. I'm very excited to see it with them, there were flying lanterns everywhere and they all look so beautiful. Rin really enjoyed looking at them and was too distracted looking at it. I guess he really loves those kind of things.

Just a few hours later, "hey get your asses up it's starting" Repeater yelled, we made it on time just seeing the fireworks was such a beautiful thing to see. I can stare at it for hours and that was what everyone's thought were. After the firework show, we heard something that was a really loud bang, we were gonna ignore it but it seemed to have affected Rin.

He looked like he had a breakdown, I didn't know what was going around him but it didn't look like a good thing at all. "Rin are you okay?" I asked as I was worried about him. "Ow what the..what did I just?" he asked in confusion. He said he started getting flashbacks after that bang happened, "and those places I saw..they look very familiar but I just..can't fully recognize what it is" he said while rubbing his head.

So he had recalled memories that were very familiar to him but he just couldn't understand why he felt like that. Everyone was full of joy after the fireworks

After the fireworks, we went back in the house. I was really concerned about what the hell happened to Rin. This is something unusual that has happened to him. He hasn't recall any past traumas or flashbacks before. I followed Rin as he was about the enter the house. He went to his room and I think this is a conversation that should be between us.

As I was about to follow him to his room, a girl passed by greeting me with enthusiasm. Well, It's our good friend Setsuna. She's got this cool tech looking outfit and short white hair with her bangs covering one of her eyes. "Hey Mai! Did you get to see the fireworks? They were really beautiful aren't they?" She asked. I told her it was like watching a paradise with such scenery. She had the same response too but she looked like she just saw one of the coolest things in her life.

Mai : "I need to go, there's something I have to deal with right now"
Setsuna : "oh sure, do you need help with anything?"
Mai : "no thanks I'm good"
Setsuna : "oh well good luck with what you need to do!"

I left the conversation and head straight to Rin's room. I knocked on his door but he didn't open it. I was wondering what he's doing in there that didn't make him answer my door.
"Hey Rin are you in there?" I asked while knocking on his door but that managed to convince him enough to open the door.

Rin's POV:

Mai's really knocking a lot on my door. My head still hurts a bit from whatever just happened but i know it's a place I must never go ever again. So much terrible things happened during my childhood there and I wish not to let anyone know or speak to anyone about this.

... anything to keep her safe from that place.

Mai opened the door and I realized that I forgot to lock it. She sat down and asked me what happened but I can't tell her and anyone, nobody should never ever know about it. I couldn't stay calm the moment she got into my room and that made things a lot more worse for me.

"Whoa Rin, are you okay? I'm being serious here what's been bothering you all of the sudden?" She said while being extremely concerned about me.

"Rin look, this thing in your mind. It sounds as if you really want to tell us something" - Mai

"Look, this is none of your concern i think I'm just seeing things" I replied. The moment I said that I think totally regretted what I just did. It made her kinda mad and she got even closer.