I Can See You

"Tell me, what did this figure look like?" The officer asks

About an hour before that question was asked, at midnight Alora was at home exactly. Lying in bed on the second floor of your house. This was like any other suburban house that sat along the road that went by. She shared the house with three of her roommates. They were all going to the same university. Some were taking the same classes, but they were all close besides one. Tonight, each of the other three were. The whole house was under her reign. It was her domain. Alora had never been in the house alone. For the first time in a long time, everyone was gone. Even the weirdest of the roommates always this creepy feeling about Alora, but he was a sweet guy. The other two, Zalika and Jade, were out at another party, like always. She was excited about being able to lie in complete silence. Not a single sound echoed throughout, besides her show playing on her computer that night. She was watching an old sitcom. The one where there is a recorded audience Four characters just living their lives with some odd challenges along the way. Sitting up right, she ate out of a large tub of ice cream. Hours before, her mates had asked if she would like to come to their party, but it had been a long week for her. Because she got a new job working longer hours. would come home and have a few hours of sleep before heading to school. Her other mates were worried about this. With the numbing cold ice cream in her hands, she was steadily falling asleep. Her eyes were droopy, and her mind was racing. Slowly fading out, as a loud creak woke her up. She was not completely woken up, but enough to take notice of it. Not worrying, she thought to herself that it might be Alex, or one of the girls back. She did not bother to get up and look around. Slowly fading back to sleep, she slowly heard something downstairs fall. A hard thump, a lot like a book dropping. She stopped her show and called out. "Hello?" No one answered. That sound of the book dropping accumulates again, but this time faster than time itself. It feels like it is getting closer, as if it is no longer downstairs. Swiftly coming up the stairs and right to the door of her room, her heart dropped as she could not believe how fast it traveled. She closed her computer and shoved her covers over her head, not wanting the figure to see her. She lays there, heart thumping, as the door slowly creaks open. The whistling sound stopped, and what was the longest time to Alora was just a few seconds. Silence. That is all there was. She covered her mouth with her right hand, stopping her loud breathing. Then, as if it were under the covers, something, or someone whispers, "I can see you." Alora's eyes widen as she flings over the covers and jumps out of bed, landing on the side of the bed. In the darkness, she runs to the door, opening it and running down the hallway. She does not know what that was, but she does not want to know. She gets to the end, breaking hard. She turns on the hallway light, looking into her room. The now covered figure. Tall and slender in build. even with the light on its skin, black. The light from the bulbs reflects off its skin. Alora watches as fear completely stops her in her tracks. She watches as the figure tries to get the covers off, the figure's long and almost nonexistent arms about to reveal the monster's face. She turns around the side and into the doorway of another room. She can be seen in the mirror along the wall. The figure was standing on her bed with two small, glowing white eyes. Then, without her knowing, the lights in the hallway go out. Both are now blind. They could not see each other. She knows that across the hallway on the other side are the stairs. She takes one deep breath and darts across, as she can hear the whispers again. "I can see you." She feels the horror as she scrambles down the stairs, almost stumbling. This time she can hear the loud bangs all around her, no longer behind but along the wall to her left. She raised her hands above her head and began to scream as she came to the bottom, where she raced to the door. She began to shake and bang it back and forth, unable to unlock it. The figure ran right past her as she could feel the freezing aurora this horror figure gave off. She felt the bold cold as it shivered down her spine and stopped her breath. She turned and pressed her back against the door. She can see the entrance room and the long, narrow hallway leading to the back of the house. She stares it down as a long and thin leg steps out. Then follow the side of the body. Bare to the bone, skinny as ever. Then the side of the head. It is tall and almost almond-shaped. Two glowing eyes. Each has different shapes. Her breath changes as she turns around and begins once more to open the door, unlatching both locks. She swings the door open and looks in once more, no longer seeing the figure there. She darts out of the house, down the front yard, and into the street. Alora stands in the middle, catching her breath as light gleams over her left face. Swiftly scanning to the left, she sees the figure for a split moment. This time, it is hands out as if giving a hug or catching her. The screeching sound for one last time whisper, "I can see you." She closes her eyes. The car ran right into her, flinging her body through the air and landing on concrete, where her body rolled till coming to a stop. After that, her memory becomes foggy, but that figure? The figure that drove her out into danger will always stick with her. Her monster. Her nightmare.