Chapter 26

*Kalyan Pov*

"Did that fight really happen?" Rohan asked, looking at the girls sitting together while teasing each other and laughing.

"They are special in that way I guess. But I loved the way she handled it." Karthik openly praised looking at Rashmi.

"You are totally crushing over her right now." I commented looking at him.

"I guess! But this time I am not going to back out." Saying that he walked off towards our table holding one of the trays.

"What did he mean by that?" I asked looking at Rohan.

"Why am I the only one who knows all these things? Well, I was wrong once, but still I seem to understand everything better than you guys." Saying that he walked off and I followed him frowning.

"Chef? Are you serious? Were you tired of Rashmi and decided to marry a chef?" Chitra asked, chuckling to which Mehrin cleared her throat.

"There is a long story behind that. But stop talking about all that right now." She said, waving everyone off and glanced at Karthik.

"I am hearing so many things about you these days. Are you trying to change yourself or what?" she asked, looking at him and we all frowned.

"I didn't tell her anything." Rashmi commented, but he stayed calm looking at Mehrin.

"I am not trying, but everything is happening naturally." He replied to her question and turned towards Rashmi saying, "I know that you will not share other's matters that easily."

"You have such an understanding about her. I am excited to see how everything proceeds." Mehrin continued and it felt like only these both are talking while we are spectators.

"We all know that about her." Chitra pointed out.

"There is a difference if he points out." Mehrin said, smiling at Karthik and he smiled back at her.

"What is actually going on here?" I finally asked, not able to stop myself.

"Exactly! Is it some code language that we are unable to understand?" Chitra asked looking at them.

"Two oblivious people actually become a couple." Rohan mumbled shaking his head.

"Just leave it, guys." Preetha said,, waving us off and Rashmi sat in silent frowning at Mehrin but all she got was a sweet smile in return.

****

"So, we will meet on the orientation day?" Rohan asked when we finally walked out of the canteen.

"And after college let's meet Karthik on that day." Rashmi commented, looking at us and we all decided but we don't know for sure whether Preetha will leave or stay back.

"Do you have to return today? Can't you stay back?" Mehrin asked, looking at Rashmi.

"Within a few days I will come back and stay here for a long time. I want to spend time with my Dad during these days." She said smiling.

"I heard you didn't book the return ticket. Why don't you travel along with Kalyan?" Chitra asked, looking at her.

"Have I gone deaf? What am I hearing right now?" Rashmi asked, staring at Chitra in shock in a teasing way.

"I don't think you will ever forgive me." She mumbled and I smiled at her irritated expression before holding her hand.

"It's fine! I will manage myself." Rashmi said, waving off the offer.

"What? Are you feeling awkward now?" Karthik asked, looking at her and she finally accepted to come with me.

"I will bring the car around." Saying that I walked off dragging Chitra with me.