hanahaki 💔

You woke up to the sound of rain pattering against the window pane, and an empty space beside you in the bed, making you cold from the lack of warmth.

You looked over at your alarm clock to see that it was 9:31.

Groggily, you got out of bed making your way out of you and Zhongli's shared bedroom. You looked at your calendar to see that you had a day off today but not your loving boyfriend. Unfortunately, by the looks of it he had left already.

You were in the kitchen and saw a note on the counter from Zhongli saying that he will be home late today.

Your lips faced down pulling itself into a small pout. Though you had been excited for some time off work you wanted to spend it with the one you love.

Although you did want to catch up on the many hours lost that could have been spent gaming. You decided to put that aside for now and attempt to cook lunch for your boyfriend.

Yes, last time you tried to make a fruit salad you cut your finger. Yes, when you baked a cake you somehow managed to make it explode. Was that going to stop you? No of course not! You have been learning and what you make is at the very least edible. It's also not like you couldn't just buy him something if you failed anyways.

~timeskip brought to you by the demon that lives in my room

So. . . buying lunch it is.

11:45. Shit, gotta go gotta go.

~another timeskip brought to you by my lack of sleep

You made your way to his workplace. Your hand just barely grazed the door handle when you heard moans escaping from the other side of the door.

Immediately you threw open the door. Your eyes shot open wide with disbelief. Time felt like it stopped, everything started to blur but the image of the one you love cheating on you with a ginger. That will never leave and haunt you forever.

You dropped the food and ran. You kept running and running you couldn't see a thing but kept running anyway.

You didn't know where you were. The love of your life cheated on you with his ginger friend. You didn't even get to do any gaming that day.

~timeskip a few years later

By now you had already moved out of you and Zhongli's shared apartment. Living by yourself was ok. You had plenty of time to game. But you did have to admit it got lonely sometimes.

You set down your coffee down on the table and got up from the couch to retrieve the mail. You flicked through the letters when you raised an eyebrow at the last one

Setting the other letters down you opened it. You felt your breath hitch and your knees felt weak like they could collapse any moment. Tears pricked at your eyes as you read it. Till finally you couldn't even see it anymore your legs gave way and finally caught your breath screaming out all the pain you felt in that moment.

Were you not good enough? Not even good enough for Zhongli to propose to you instead of him?

You started coughing, your lungs were on fire you ran to the bathroom leaning over the sink, still hacking and barley breathing till it came to a stop. You began to calm down your eyes fluttering open. Your whole body tensed as you looked down. . . flower petals covered in your blood decorated the sink.

You collapsed tears pricking at the corner of your eyes. You rolled up into a ball and lay on the floor crying for what felt like hours till you just fell asleep...

The end. Might do a part two of the wedding. Not sure yet.